Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
9,821 Posts
Sweet bike. have thought about putting together a fishing rig to get me to places I'd rather not walk to.

speaking of groupers... you still go down to the keys? i'll be down there in early september (weather permitting).

· Super Moderator
23,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I usually end up there twice a year. This year will be 3 times. Heading down in July for my mom's 80th. This will the 5th time of going down in July and each time I tell myself, Never Again...
We ended up with a $3800 voucher to the Casa Morada compliments of one of my wife's bosses. So we're spending it this time. During the height of the season that voucher would only last for a few days... lol

With any luck the winds will cooperate and I'll be able to fish Ocean side, unlike December through March

· Registered
9,821 Posts
I usually end up there twice a year. This year will be 3 times. Heading down in July for my mom's 80th. This will the 5th time of going down in July and each time I tell myself, Never Again...
We ended up with a $3800 voucher to the Casa Morada compliments of one of my wife's bosses. So we're spending it this time. During the height of the season that voucher would only last for a few days... lol

With any luck the winds will cooperate and I'll be able to fish Ocean side, unlike December through March
been down there in July once. Super hot, good fishing, but HOT. I liked May the best, cool breezes, but still plenty warm usually. Been down there in November and the tradewinds kicked up and it was blowing 30+ from the second we landed to the day we left. No idea what to expect in September, maybe some bonefish on the flats....?

· Super Moderator
23,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bonefish should be available. We got into a few at Easter one year. Wish I could do May for the reds, bones and tarpon, but that's traditionally my busy time at work.

Which Key are you staying on?

· Registered
17,725 Posts
Couple years ago I set my mountain bike up but sat until I had a foot problem. Last fall I put it to use, but electric bike would be a nice up grade. Crazy how much I biked this fall probably 40 plus miles a week. Ended in pretty good shape! Adding second rod holder and something for my net before it’s back in use.

View attachment 766892
Bikes get ya in good shape. Unfortunately my indian giving uncle just took his back 😠

· Registered
9,821 Posts
Bonefish should be available. We got into a few at Easter one year. Wish I could do May for the reds, bones and tarpon, but that's traditionally my busy time at work.

Which Key are you staying on?
Duck Key this go 'round. have usually done islamorada, but am taking the kids and hawks cay has a lot for them to do (including a kids club to get them out of the adult's hair for a day or two).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.