Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine recently moved to the park and he has access to this marina. I haven't fished there in years it was always in the summer. Anyway he is pretty new to the sport and i would like to give him some advice. He's heading out there with his grandpas old auger and a schooled he just bought lol! If anyone had any information it would be very helpful! pm's are welcome, thanks for reading!

-Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Chris, we'll be out on Saturday. Let me know if you are going to be around, and I'll let you know where we are going!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marcus, If I can get back to Detroit from GR i'm for sure going out this weekend! Planning on making it happen.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Be very careful in there. Take the spud if you have one. There is alot more current in there then most people think and there will be thin spots.

There is a gate that opens on the north end where the pier starts. Water rushes in very fast inside the marina at that point and circualtes along all the walls throughout the entire marina. if your are getting on the ice, make sure you stick more towards the center inside the marina. Lastly, the water level can fluctuate quite a bit due to freightor traffic, so watch out for wet spots. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts