Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the stages of getting gifts for the groomsmen in my wedding. Was thinkimg some handmade knives from one of the Michigan companies like Rapid River. Anybody have any other ideas? Or know of any other quality knife companies in Michigan?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Are all of your groomsmen outdoorsman? You can always use another knife!

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
I got my groomsmen a glass mug with their name etched in it and a deer head etched in it as well as my wedding date.

It didn't cost me much and it was very well used by the guys the night of the wedding.

WHen I was a groomsman the groom got all of us a simple folding locking pocket knife from TSC.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Took my guys on a salmon charter out of ludington. Wedding in July charter in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Bruiser,

Congratulations!:D

I've got knives out the wazoo but would love to get a Rapid River knife!
You must think an awful lot of them to consider spending that kind of dough! All the best!

Oldun

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea they aren't all outdoorsmen. But I figure any self respecting man with a pair always likes a good knife.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yea they aren't all outdoorsmen. But I figure any self respecting man with a pair always likes a good knife.
Very well said!

Oldun

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I got mine the biggest 6D Maglite with their names laser etched on the handle.
Exactly what I did - 15 yrs later they still like them! Not etched though.

·
Premium Member
12,750 Posts
I think what groomsmen really want is bridesmaids.:lol:

·
Premium Member
30,244 Posts
I got mine Victorinox Swiss Army pocket knives with their names etches on the main blade.

I think knives are winning in this contest.

·
Registered
13,449 Posts
If you, and your groomsmen like to enjoy a libation from time to time, a nice flask makes a good groomsman's gift. I've got a ton of nice knives - and just bought another @ Ebay recently. It is tough to say, "no," to a good knife. I was finally able to break my fascination with flashlights. I may have 25 with all the headlamps I have purchased.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've received the etched beer mug as a gift and did use it the night of the wedding but not much since. I did however get my groomsmen Marble knives 15 yrs ago as their wedding gifts and most still use them to this day.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Mine each got hunting knives and a glass mug with their name. Also black socks, so they didnt forget.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts