Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be in grindstone July 24-30. Looking for info on whitefish, is the end of July to late? Past few years just ran nort, and got some trout. Any info greatly appreciated. Pm's welcomed.thx

·
Registered
644 Posts
Going to be in grindstone July 24-30. Looking for info on whitefish, is the end of July to late? Past few years just ran nort, and got some trout. Any info greatly appreciated. Pm's welcomed.thx
I'm about 10 minutes south of GC and interested in how & where to target those Whitefish also.

·
Team Yukon
4,872 Posts
A little late ..typically this week is the best..small spoons in the walleye waters are best..they usually show up right before the eyes do

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
644 Posts
A little late ..typically this week is the best..small spoons in the walleye waters are best..they usually show up right before the eyes do

SS Mini's, Cleo's, ???
What size hooks?

·
Team Yukon
4,872 Posts
Silver streak Jrs…down deep…5 colors of leadcore or off the riggers in 25-40 fow,.we do sometime catch them on Mag spoons as well offshore

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've done well from about a mile west to two miles east of the port austin lighthouse in 35-50fow. Run your downriggers about 8-10' off the bottom to start, adjust to your marks. Silver streak jr's about 40' behind the ball. If the bite is less than ideal, when I see some marks (or on gut instinct), I'll grab the rod and snap to release and let the spoon flutter to the top on its own pace. This works with 1/4oz hot-n-tots as well. Good times!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for the replies.saw capt Morgan's was sold. Hope the food is still good.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Silver streak Jrs…down deep…5 colors of leadcore or off the riggers in 25-40 fow,.we do sometime catch them on Mag spoons as well offshore

Thanks for sharing Captain.

Reactions: Grinnell

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've done well from about a mile west to two miles east of the port austin lighthouse in 35-50fow. Run your downriggers about 8-10' off the bottom to start, adjust to your marks. Silver streak jr's about 40' behind the ball. If the bite is less than ideal, when I see some marks (or on gut instinct), I'll grab the rod and snap to release and let the spoon flutter to the top on its own pace. This works with 1/4oz hot-n-tots as well. Good times!
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts