Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all well i have been thinking about grinding some fish to use in the Pvc pipes i made for coon. What i need to know is can i grind it then freeze it right back up? I can keep it frozen till it is time to use it.

Also should i add anything to it like ground up apples or maybe some Vanilla exstract?

Thanks Rob

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem grinding and refreezing. If I were you though I would probably grind it frozen or semifrozen. It'll probably grind easier that way. If I added anything to the fish it would probably be some fish oil or shellfish oil.

Joe

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks joe yea i plan on grinding it frozen lol and imma grind the whole thing they dont have much for guts in em so i figured it wont hurt nothing.

I do have some Evaporated Salt that i could mix in if needed.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also say that i were to add fish oil how much should i add. I have some fish oil and salmon oil coming in i only got a pint of salmon oil. But a gal of fish oil

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much anise did you add? I think imma do a couple different kinds and see what works for me i may do some with Honey some with Anise and some by it self maybe with a lil fish oil or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts