Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to try big lake pier fishing. I've done some saltwater pier fishing and a bit of surf fishing in Florida. So I have the basic gear...just looking for some pointers and wondered if anyone would be there to help a guy out...I'm thinking tomorrow night (9-14)

Posted from Michigan-sportsman.com App for Android

·
Registered
338 Posts
little cleo and moonshine casting spoons are usually good. Fish have been around the mud for a while but some days they have lock jaw.

The only way to know if they are biting is to try!

Good luck

·
Registered
161 Posts
Spoons n more spoons... Cleo's, ko, moonshine etc... Or u can use alewives if they are in with a bobber or off the bottom with sliding pyramid sinker.. I'll be in grand haven in the morning still a newb but can give some help if u need it if ur up there..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same as everyone said. Ill be at gh north pier tonight to sometime sat morning!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I'd run some stickbaits. Typically this time of year, and especially after they've been staging for awhile, they really turn onto them. Reef Runners, J-13 Raps, and most other diving body-baits are excellent. A slow, steady retrieve is good to start, but always mix it up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone...not sure yet if i'll go, need to pick up a few things and I'm about a 1 1/2 hour drive and I'd be by myself...thanks again!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well that cold water definently pushed in some fish.. We were trolling and got some nice kings in the mud.. Some the pier anglers hooking up too.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I'd run some stickbaits. Typically this time of year, and especially after they've been staging for awhile, they really turn onto them. Reef Runners, J-13 Raps, and most other diving body-baits are excellent. A slow, steady retrieve is good to start, but always mix it up.
yep....husky jerks ...original floaters...maulers ....and stop your retrieve out a bit from the pier every now and then...or if your using spoons stop and give a couple jigs right at the wall...I've hit many fish right on the wall

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_988 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me and a buddy will be up there at daybreak sunday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts