Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot a duck befor the end of duck season and got my info on the bird, but did,nt get my $100 dollar reward yet!how long does it useully take for them to send it?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I heard they were donating those rewards to FEMMA to help the Katrina victims :) .

·
Banned
142 Posts
A hundred dollar reward band off a mallard just sold on ebay a couple weeks ago for nearly $400.00.

I bet that guy got his money within a couple days.

I like my bands just as much as the next guy, maybe even more but if some idiot wanted to by a band from me for 400.00 I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

·
Registered
793 Posts

·
Banned
142 Posts
Here you go Mr Urban Legend......

Ebay search these item numbers.

The one I was refering to is not listed, sorry, but here are a couple more examples:

Item #7204306154 mallard $100 reward band, selling price $255.00

Item #7204421927 goose $100.00 reward band, selling price $260.00

The one I was refering to sold for, if I remember correctly, $385.00

No Urban Legend.......

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
There's a sucker born every minute. What's the thrill in purchasing a band shot by another person. I guess people buy deer antlers for the same reason. In essence the guy actually paid $160 for 2 bands since the band had not been reported and still can cash it in.

I some empty shell casings I shot a banded bird with for sale...starting bid $40. :)

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
eiderdown said:
Here you go Mr Urban Legend......

Ebay search these item numbers.

The one I was refering to is not listed, sorry, but here are a couple more examples:

Item #7204306154 mallard $100 reward band, selling price $255.00

Item #7204421927 goose $100.00 reward band, selling price $260.00

The one I was refering to sold for, if I remember correctly, $385.00

No Urban Legend.......
the first item # goes to a t-shirt. lol. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7204306154

the second item # goes to a goose band for $260. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7204421927

considering that the reason why someone might buy one (for a mount) it's not that far fetched...especially to someone that is well off. $260 on top of the costs of the mount is a nice talking piece to some guys. I personally would never buy one...simple stating i know others that would.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I personally seen a set one time got for $350.00 on Ebay. I was searching for some duck calls and the item came up in my search. The guy cut off both legs with the bands still attached and ziptied them together and was selling them. :lol:

No B.S. they fetch quite a chunk of change.

KEvlar

·
Banned
142 Posts
Sorry for posting the wrong number.

All you have to do is search for "$100 duck" in the "completed auction" section and you'll find it.

The point being that they sell for quite a bit. I don't get it either, why would you want something that someone eles shot?

To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
793 Posts
the one I refered to has 7 minutes left on it @ 11:16 am Friday morning at the time of this post and is selling for a whopping:

$1.00

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Their is a difference between the ones selling for $1.00 and $300.00 just as their is a difference in buying a diamond and a cubic zirconium. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shot my drake mallard @ Harsens on 12/5 and received the band info but not a check yet. Maybe they need to notify the IRS first.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
and don't forget to claim it as "other" income for '05! :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts