Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the bay this weekend with the crew.. we slammed em... Saturday was #5 raps pearl and green and perch took most of our fish... Sunday was orange raps... slow and low and pounding bottom was key. . 32 ft of water... we sure did have a good crew out there lol.. Saturday with that wind the ice was moving and was kind of scary.. loud bang and the whole shanty jolted and water came shooting up our holes..freaked us out for a bit... Some nice fish out there boys... good luck tight lines ;) here's a few
pics

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Nice job crew- we were set-up just south of you. With every one pulling fish out, the water went down thus causing the ice to drop!:lol:

We was spooked as well.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Great job like always Ethan and crew.....I slugged it out all weekend on the river with 8 keepers Out of over 200 fish...still had a blast. Will have to hook up with you guys one of these days.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For sure man.just get a hold of us ....we had a crew out there mostly from the site here.. rayed, his wife and kristo came up and follwed us out and got there fish too.. nice ones! Looking like I'll be down working in Indiana all week... they were inhaling our jigs.....Saturday morning it was on... great fishing we are lucky to have it in our backyards...

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Not looking for specifics but where did you find safe ice in 32ft??? How many miles out?

Sounds kinda specific to me? Look at a lake map, and a satellite pic, you can figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
I know how the saying goes, but after following this forum for over a year and reading your reports, maybe you should quit your day job. Congrats to you and your crew on finding the fish out there and putting them on the ice.

This year with gas prices what they are, I will be coming up there with my boy hoping to catch our 1st walleye thru the ice.

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Sounds kinda specific to me? Look at a lake map, and a satellite pic, you can figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire
How is a map going give you any better of an idea on where they fishing in 32' . Other than the obvious near buoy 1. They said "Bay" well once you leave the mouth of saginaw river and stay in channel you can be in that depth for miles and miles.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts