Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were not planing on much this morning, but it all panned out! sixteen birds Six Bands:yikes: Just the right place at the right time. Not much other shooting around.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
1 bird :( and that was the only shot we took... one bird decoyed because it was winged from some other guys who had a great morning it sounded like haha... wish we would have gone where i wanted to go this morning:(... but thats hunting....

congrats on the birds and the bands:yikes:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
They got hammered around the Grass Lake/Jackson area this morning..but they always do every year. We Got 6 in the morning hunt. Never have got a leg band..the fields were the place to be.

Mitch

·
Registered
494 Posts
Saw 12 birds. Group of 11 that flared and one loner that came in stealth mode. No shots taken. Did get a great tan though!:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wasn't expecting much either, but ended up with three between the two of us. Buddy buggered up one group, could've put a hurtin' on the whole flock of about 20 but he jumped the call (this was his first actual hunt). Beautiful morning......TONS of bugs......pretty warm. should have stayed a little longer as group neaar us got some more shooting in as we were walking back to the truck...oh well didnt get skunked.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
No birds, saw 1 local pintail, few ducks.
Tried to amputate my thumb and finger with machete, did a piss poor job. Still attached (barely) Off season rusty.
Tied a tourniquet, resumed hunting.
Just another day in the fireld

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on your birds and bands! I am sure it wasn't just luck, but a little bit never hurts.
We didn't have a great opener. Saw a lot of birds but not much working the field we were in. Our season will get better when the farmer starts chopping his corn.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No shots...saw tons of Woodies & Mallards...a few geese, but flying way to high and didn't even give us a look...but it is great to be out and can't wait for Duck Opener!!!:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked up a dozen shells last week as I was to try a wheat stubble field behind my house. Opened the box Sunday night to find 11 shells and only one stake. Wasn't happy.

When I got to the field in Monday morning, it was so hard and dry, my lone stake would barely go into the ground. Set up the other 10 shells on grass and stubble.

3 geese took a look around 8:30 am and kept truckin'. Was not the best looking setup, but they looked in a hurry.

Still great to get excited for an opener and get into the field.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If someone could P.M me and let me know how I will post them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Good day for us too. 16 in the morning. 9 in the afternoon, and 7 of the 9 had bands. Ended the day with 25 for the 5 of us, and we shot whitey.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If someone could P.M me and let me know how I will post them.

Thanks
Get get that figured out. I KNOW you guys took pictures, but I haven't seen any yet. Usually you know who likes to email me the pictures on the days I can't make it.

Sounds like you had a good time, I'm bummed I missed it. :(

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congrats on the bands!!! Six of us limited out opening morning, ypu 30 geese!!!! If we had more guys coulda been close to a hundred, saw about 200 birds. Good luck to all!! Oh and no bands, 30 birds 0 bands, ***??

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
we ended up with one out of three possible. I was happy because it was the first test of the boat blind and we had ducks all over us and the only three geese to come close came right in. We were definately out of practice though as nine shots only got one but at least he was hammered good. I figure not having a field and having to hunt the lake one bird is not bad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts