Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is a great site! Lots of good info and debates.
I have been out for steelhead a few times now this year and have yet to hook into one. I fish the Grand and the Rouge but dont know either river well. I normally just fish near the dams. I will be fishing after work Friday at the Grand and Saturday morning also. If anybody would like to meet and show me how its done that would be great.
Another thing that i would like to know everyones opinion on is, what you think about the 30' X 60' area on the west side of sixth street dam and the people fishing in it. Everytime i have been down there at least six guys are fishing in it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Hey Ugly Stick, welcome to the site!! Make sure you go to the introductions forum and let us know who you are.

I should be at 6th street tomorrow on the west side. If you see a guy with a grey & white Harley-Davidson hat, that'd be me. Say hi and I'll show you the little bit that I know.

As far as the 30' x 60' thing goes, it's the same thing every year. No matter how much presence the law has, (which was quite a bit last fall anyway) there are ALWAYS people fishing where they shouldn't be. It's kind of a losing battle. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Take care...Sid

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
the thing is, the dnr cannot and will not enfore the 30 x 60 deal. It is a city ordinance and city cops can only enforce it. They usually only come down if there is a call, and they will just tell the people to move. Kind of stupid really, because as soon as they leave, everyone just moves back. But hey, if snagging up on tons of 50lb test and loosing a rig every drift sounds like fun, go fish up by the ladder.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Every time I go to the grand around the 30'x 60' all they do is snag they arent real fisherman dont do what they do its better to hookem in the mouth cast out your get one just not as fast, screw waiting your turn to snag you may get busted???

·
Super Moderator
11,756 Posts
Howdy, U S-

Good to have you here!

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Hi Uglystick, welcome to the site. I'll be at the Grand this afternoon. Check your pm's or private message at yhe bottom of the forums page if a pop up does not prompt you.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The 30' x 60' was put in to protect onlookers from flying hooks and lead. Its not to protect the fish. Its a law and people shouldn't fish there, but most people think its to protect the fish that stack up there. Unfortunately, the guys fishing there are snagging so I hate to see them up there regardless of what the law is protecting.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Welcome to MS US!

Find the Introductions Forum and let the rest of the members know that you're here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts