Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my favorite carp shooting spot this morning for the first time this year. As I approached the usual hot spot where the water spills over the dike when the water is high, I saw LOTS of carp swimming around in the cross over.

I shot the largest carp that I could see, he was about 14 or 15 pounds.

I shot a second carp as soon as I took this one off my arrow. The area is very rocky and when I shot the 2nd carp I bent the tip on my fish point and I didn't think to bring extra tips with me so I called it a morning.:)

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arch, that is not a creek, it is where the high water is flowing over a dike. There is a huge flooding on 1 side and a large river on the other side. The fish were trying to get through at this spot to get from one side to the other.:)

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlackCoyote said:
You're having too much fun lately....I'm glad, you deserve it! :D

Should have my bow shortly maybe we can get together and do some shooting! I'm excited beyond belief!
Drew, I am ready when you are. I also have a RH 45lb. recurve all set up for anyone that wants to shoot some carp with me to use.;) Carp makes fine **** bait for trapping if you have the freezer room, or it can be salted in a 5 gallon pail and will keep for trapping season.:yikes:

· Registered
5,354 Posts
me and my buddy muckamuck4 went out lastnight with my 14 foot flat bottom set up for carp shooting with 2 -500 watt construction lights powered by a generator and got 5.... everything worked just like it was supposed to.... except i have a few holes to patch:dizzy: we took on some pretty good water.... i am crazy and use my black widows for it haha..... but it is a deadly carp combination... cant wait to get the boat ready to go to saginaw bay again.... it will be nice with the holes patched.

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HunterHawk said:
me and my buddy muckamuck4 went out lastnight with my 14 foot flat bottom set up for carp shooting with 2 -500 watt construction lights powered by a generator and got 5.... everything worked just like it was supposed to.... except i have a few holes to patch:dizzy: we took on some pretty good water.... i am crazy and use my black widows for it haha..... but it is a deadly carp combination... cant wait to get the boat ready to go to saginaw bay again.... it will be nice with the holes patched.
HH, I buy old recurves off of e-bay for $50-$100 that work great for carp shooting. I drop my bow and bang it around and get it slimy so NO nice bows for carp shooting!:lol:

· Registered
3,706 Posts
2-BIG said:
Arch, that is not a creek, it is where the high water is flowing over a dike. There is a huge flooding on 1 side and a large river on the other side. The fish were trying to get through at this spot to get from one side to the other.:)
Who says you cannot use your deer hunting skills on bowfishing? Sounds like a great "bottleneck" :evil:

Dan

· Registered
5,354 Posts
2-Big... i also have plenty of old recurves around the house i just love shooting my widow and it does a number on those carp.... one of the widows we use actually had the handle crack so we fixed that and i got new limbs for my widow so we put those limbs on that handle so one is kind of a "spare" bow... but i mean it is still in great condition the handle is like new but yeah i dunno i guess i could get one of the old ones back out.... i take pretty dang good care of them even when carp shooting a little water and carp residue doesnt hurt them too much if you wash it off and wipe it down when your done :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.