Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This graphic shows what the Ice situation is and where it's starting to form. I have this daily updated graphic on my weather website along with other Saginaw Bay/Great Lake and area Rivers information. I also have as many area and State webcam views as I could find around the state. I also have a link showing a hourly updated webcam view of Saginaw River. https://wxman19521.wixsite.com/saginawcountyweather

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I find the ice thickness forecast/nowcast tool to be more useful than the ice concentration. For example with concentration, if it’s at 50%, then over a hundred square yard area, half would have some ice and half would not. It’s helpful to show where the water is right at 32-33 degrees, but not much more than that. With ice thickness, whenever it’s the next darker color up from the bottom one (white) on the scale, that’s too much ice to break with a boat to get out to open water.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Yepper drill/spud your holes there ya go gots plenty of Ice for your Vodka!! Saginaw Bay ice has its own flavor!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts