Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Great Labor Day Weekend

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CHASINEYES 
#1 ·
Fantastic weather and smooth water all weekend,,,just no walleye co-operation...lol.Fished from east of shipping channel in 26 ft straight out from augres river...heading west then all the way thru to 45 ft of water,picked up three all 45 back with 2 oz in-line all came on a diff color harness...but it was still a beautiful morning on the water.:)

Hey Frank ..nice talkin to ya today...how;d u do ????

Al:fish::fish:

#2 · (Edited)
GJ Al. It was a beautiful day today on the bay. We could have used a little chop. Good talking to you Al. We picked up 9 walleye. I'll put a report in.

#3 ·
I was fishing out of Au Gres on Sun. and when I came in there was an older couple and they had 10 nice eyes!! Said they were 7 miles south and got them all on bottom bouncers and harnesses. They made it sound like it was no big deal getting their limit....LOL!! I was perchin, i'm giving the eyes a break!!

Scott

#4 ·
Sat.: 7 walleye and 1 nice perch near Callahan Reef in 12 FOW
Mon.: Buddy and his wife got 10 walleye in same area - water was FLAT when he left at 2 pm.
I got there at 5 pm - greeted by 1-2 footers out of the NE. :sad:
We managed to boat 3 walleye by sunset.

#5 ·
Hey Tacklebox...I talked to charter boat buddy yesterday (Tuesday) and said they caught limits of walleye off the Pinconning Bar. Fish were chasing shad they said. They also got 30+ nice perch in the 9-10 inch range. Supposed to have a fish fry here soon and need more walleye!! Any of you Guys willing to donate some?? Just askin'.. :D

#6 ·
Hey Tacklebox...I talked to charter boat buddy yesterday (Tuesday) and said they caught limits of walleye off the Pinconning Bar. Fish were chasing shad they said. They also got 30+ nice perch in the 9-10 inch range. Supposed to have a fish fry here soon and need more walleye!! Any of you Guys willing to donate some?? Just askin'.. :D
Hey thanks for the info paperboy....i was beginning to think u were dead havent heard from you lol.That is such a long way to travel out of augres river....and i believe what u say..the fish r in shallow water there.I'm gonna go to tawas this weekend n give it one last whirl,i have done well there before at this time of yr out in deep water.

Also,hehibrits invited u into our saginaw bay walleye group he said..dont know y u didnt recieve invite ..or did u ???

Take Care
Al:fish::fish:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.