Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Great introduction video

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  OH-YEAH!!! 
#1 ·
The Alaska Spey Cley videos are excellent for helping show “how to” do this.

It would be really cool to get a group together, rent a house and fish the Kenai in mid September for big rainbows and prespawn dolly varden.

Cheers, all. Have a great day.

#2 ·
Nice. I fished the Naknek last September for giant Rainbows. Unless the fish is over 30 inches people don't get to excited. It still boggles my mind to catch a 24 inch rainbow and crank it in, unhook it and let it go as fast as possible just so you can get after a bigger fish. I didn't take a pic of anything under 27 inches long.

Except for the ones at Brooks Park where we played dodge the bears for a few hours.
Vertebrate Water Salmon-like fish Fluid Oncorhynchus
Water Casting (fishing) Outdoor recreation People in nature Fisherman

#3 ·
Nice. I fished the Naknek last September for giant Rainbows. Unless the fish is over 30 inches people don't get to excited. It still boggles my mind to catch a 24 inch rainbow and crank it in, unhook it and let it go as fast as possible just so you can get after a bigger fish. I didn't take a pic of anything under 27 inches long.

Except for the ones at Brooks Park where we played dodge the bears for a few hours. View attachment 604631 View attachment 604633
That’s so awesome.

Charlie the owner of the Muskegon River Fly Shop would go on that trip for the big rainbows of September and said it was awesome.

We’re doing a family trip to Seward, Talkeetna and probably Cooper Landing in July. The sockeye should be in and I’m hoping to get a few to with my 12’ 6 weight spey.

I’ve been to Naknek River Camp a few times and would LOVE to target char in the Ugashik Narrows with a spey rod. This one came from chuck n ducking beads. However, I’d be more stoked about a 30’ rainbow.

Cloud Water Sky Smile Vertebrate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.