Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband loves to fish. He has a milestone birthday coming up next year (late winter, early spring) and instead of a surprise party, I'd like to surprise him with a weekend away with family and friends fishing, golfing, etc. Since fishing is what he enjoys most, I'd like that to take the top priority. I'm hoping for advice on places to go. I'd like a nice cabin or condo to accommodate a large group with really great fishing. We've done condos in Ludington in the past, but I'd like to try smaller lake fishing this time since I think it would be more relaxing for him. I'd like to avoid large crowds and busy areas. Any and all advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Banned
4,684 Posts
Do a search on "Chain of Lakes", or Camelriders near Munising.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
What does he like to fish for? Is there a fish he has never caught that he really would like to catch?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
345 Posts
I built a new house for a family in Elk Rapids on elk lake last year that they rent by the week. Nice house, about 2500 square feet, 3+ bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a deck on both stories. Elk rapids is close to a lot of good golf courses and the fishing can be decent, very pretty lake even if you don't get fish. there is a dock and hoist out front (don't know how early that goes in though) If your interested send me a PM and I will forward the realtors phone number that handles the rentals for them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts