Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I posted anything. Just wanted to say hello and let everyone know there are still some great fish in the river. Hope ya'll get out and get to fishing. Be safe out there. Good luck. Some pics of today's catch.

Attachments

Registered
Wow great catch there. Went with Wally Gordo and found fish from the golf course to free bridge today. Saw a lot of those other fish in schools and caught as few as we could get away with. 馃

Did catch this girl dumping eggs 馃 馃槼 all over my boat
Notice strategically placed hand 鉁嬶笍 to keep some in. She went back to finish.
Water Sky Boat Vertebrate Watercraft

Did take some eaters back.

Art Pattern Creative arts Close-up Grass

Purple head with purple ice Fin S and Fire tiger head with motor oil silver flake Fin S. We're the hot colors today.

Attachments

Registered
Wow great catch there. Went with Wally Gordo and found fish from the golf course to free bridge today. Saw a lot of those other fish in schools and caught as few as we could get away with. 馃

Did catch this girl dumping eggs 馃 馃槼 all over my boat
Notice strategically placed hand 鉁嬶笍 to keep some in. She went back to finish. View attachment 831262

Did take some eaters back.

View attachment 831263

Purple head with purple ice Fin S and Fire tiger head with motor oil silver flake Fin S. We're the hot colors today.
Thanks for another great trip on the D had a blast even in those wind conditions!

Premium Member
Wow, that's a sweet set up for sure!!! Lucky Friends!
Tried telling guys on the Saginaw Bay site to look this one up as it is a really neat post and then they took the picture down. Now I will have to tell them to look on this Detroit River site.

Premium Member
Tried telling guys on the Saginaw Bay site to look this one up as it is a really neat post and then they took the picture down. Now I will have to tell them to look on this Detroit River site.
Sure, tell em. Homie is a charter guy and he smacks the eyes on the river. The hotel is for his out of town guests. He catches more walleye than anyone I know and there's a big list.

Premium Member
Sure, tell em. Homie is a charter guy and he smacks the eyes on the river. The hotel is for his out of town guests. He catches more walleye than anyone I know and there's a big list.
Sure looked like a neat setup. I had never heard of him until that picture but then again I don't get on the Detroit River site until something like that picture peaks my interest.

Premium Member
That would make the trip alot more fun than staying in a dive motel in the D

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Ain鈥檛 no lie there! That beats most of the fishing cabins I have seen! And some motels in Florida that were obviously fishing camps that most women would not consider liveable!

Premium Member
I鈥檝e been fishing with Rich for twenty years now, and not only have had many great trips, but also have learned a great deal of my skill set from him on the river. You will not find a better fisherman, or a harder working charter captain than Rich Holmes.
Captain James Balzer, retired.
aka: DoubleJay

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I鈥檝e been fishing with Rich for twenty years now, and not only have had many great trips, but also have learned a great deal of my skill set from him on the river. You will not find a better fisherman, or a harder working charter captain than Rich Holmes.
Captain James Balzer, retired.
aka: DoubleJay
Thanks Jim. Miss ya on the water. Call me if you just want to go in the evening catch up, relax and catch some fish captain. You and one guest. We can spend the evening ripping on some big ones right now. Would be nice to catch up. Thanks again .

Premium Member
Thanks Jim. Miss ya on the water. Call me if you just want to go in the evening catch up, relax and catch some fish captain. You and one guest. We can spend the evening ripping on some big ones right now. Would be nice to catch up. Thanks again .
Maybe Steve and I go with the two of you. LOL, that would be some trash talking nostalgia!

You guys have fun. Glad you're retired Jim. I await the event myself!

Premium Member
Thanks, will do馃槑

1 - 18 of 18 Posts