Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I had just left Best Buy and headed towards Target in the mall. Two cop cars go north on Division with lights flashing. We entered the mall through Target. We went to Dunham's and then were on our way out when some people and security were running through the mall. One security guy said there's a situation, one said active shooter. We thought somebody stole something. Security was telling shops to close. We were able to exit out a back door and walk around to our vehicle. Before we left the parking lot people were still exiting. We go to dinner and we see the mall was locked down. When we were walking from that exit to our car my neck was on a swivel in case there was an active shooter. Not so sure the mall handled that situation very well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wife and I had just left Best Buy and headed towards Target in the mall. Two cop cars go north on Division with lights flashing. We entered the mall through Target. We went to Dunham's and then were on our way out when some people and security were running through the mall. One security guy said there's a situation, one said active shooter. We thought somebody stole something. Security was telling shops to close. We were able to exit out a back door and walk around to our vehicle. Before we left the parking lot people were still exiting. We go to dinner and we see the mall was locked down. When we were walking from that exit to our car my neck was on a swivel in case there was an active shooter. Not so sure the mall handled that situation very well.
Was this last night (Saturday)? I just talked to my daughter who lives in TC and she said it happened last night and she heard that it turned out to be a BB gun of some type.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Was this last night (Saturday)? I just talked to my daughter who lives in TC and she said it happened last night and she heard that it turned out to be a BB gun of some type.
We live near the mall and received a telephone warning last night from the PD about "three armed young black men in our area". There was nothing about this incident in this mornings paper.

·
Premium Member
30,244 Posts
Seems like it was not much of anything. People see something and freak out.

UPDATE — Investigators: Active shooter at GT Mall false alarm

https://www.record-eagle.com/news/l...cle_28d39720-454d-11ea-9c29-eb3ebaf4a5ae.html

"Captain Randy Fewless from the Grand Traverse County Sheriff’s Office says someone saw what looked like a handgun in someone’s waistband.
It was not used to threaten anyone and it was not pointed at anyone but it was noticed a few times."

Update: Officers at Grand Traverse Mall Following Report of Man With A Gun

https://www.9and10news.com/2020/02/...erse-mall-following-report-of-man-with-a-gun/

Reactions: Nork

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Probably some thugs from downstate. Wouldn't be the first time.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Maybe WalMart (Cadillac store) isn't so crazy after all. Can't say how many times I've seen somebody walking around in there with a "big iron on their hip." Doesn't seem to be a big deal, although I'm sure it makes some people uncomfortable.

On second thought, no, it's still crazy (the store). Some things I've seen make gun packing seem almost normal.

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
I get "uncomfortable" when I see things on the highway when I am driving but I don't shut the highway down. There is a MUCH greater chance that I will be harmed, or killed, by an idiot driver than by someone who legally open carries.

·
Premium Member
8,953 Posts
I get "uncomfortable" when I see things on the highway when I am driving but I don't shut the highway down. There is a MUCH greater chance that I will be harmed, or killed, by an idiot driver than by someone who legally open carries.
Like this Democrat politician from Ann Arbor? Drunk driving should be treated like guns. She should get on a list and never be able to drive again. Her Uber driver going forward should have a flashing pink light in the roof to warn others. Seems fair right???

She cracked me up whining she got busted. Get a clue dumbass...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...-rebekah-warren-after-drunken-driving-arrest/

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
Like this Democrat politician from Ann Arbor? Drunk driving should be treated like guns. She should get on a list and never be able to drive again. Her Uber driver going forward should have a flashing pink light in the roof to warn others. Seems fair right???

She cracked me up whining she got busted. Get a clue dumbass...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...-rebekah-warren-after-drunken-driving-arrest/
Yep, she should not be able to pass a NICS check. She is a threat to everyone out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts