Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on the Grand for a few hours Easter morning. Drowning crawlers, 1 small catfish, missed a couple others. Was just good to get out and be on the water. Hoping that rain and warmer temps this week improve the bite.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Got out on the Grand for a few hours Easter morning. Drowning crawlers, 1 small catfish, missed a couple others. Was just good to get out and be on the water. Hoping that rain and warmer temps this week improve the bite.
What part you on?

Will be trying the Grand for the first time this year. Son just moved to within 5 miles of a launch.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Picking up a little bit on the Mighty Grand, 3 cats, and 4 smallmouth on Sunday from late morning to early afternoon.
Thanks for the report. Kind of new to the river fishing. Was wondering if them river smallies bite this early. Been mostly a July/Aug. thing for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There picking up, the summer bite is definitely better on that stretch of river.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hit webber for 30 or 40 min on sunday no luck, sure looks like a good smallmouth area though. Guy was using plastic crayfish I dont think any luck either... I Was using a hot n tot and wet waded way the heck out there, trying for either smallies or dropback steelhead.

I will try again I'm sure.

Reactions: slowpaya and III

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back on the Mighty Grand 5-2-21 mid morning to early afternoon. Bite is picking up a little 3 decent cats, 4 smallies on the little side. Boat traffic picked up on the river compared to the last few weeks. Fly fishermen were out targeting smallmouth I assume.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Last two weekends I thrashed near GR. One SMB each day on jigs. Water is low for this time of year. Usually expect to see them heat up along with the water, which could be another two weeks at this point.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last two weekends I thrashed near GR. One SMB each day on jigs. Water is low for this time of year. Usually expect to see them heat up along with the water, which could be another two weeks at this point.
Water is definitely low for this time of year, we were see water temps in the low 60's

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice catfish. I bet they are delicious this time of year from that river since it is pretty cool and clear

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks....Coffee is important
And that artistic redneck engineering just makes it even better. What is that, a chunk of 5/4 decking bored out with a hole saw? Nice work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fished the Mighty Grand for a few hours Saturday. Still a slow bite 1 sucker and 1 cat. Talked to a fellow fisherman we see quite often on the same stretch of water, said much of the same slow slow slow so far this year. We'll keep wetting lines it will improve.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts