Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to drop my kayak in below Weber this weekend and was wondering if anyone has done this and have an estimate on a float time to Tabor st. launch in Lyons? Also looking for info on portaging the low head dam that is along the route. I am a fisherman and not looking to jump any dams haha! Thank You fo any help.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am planning to drop my kayak in below Weber this weekend and was wondering if anyone has done this and have an estimate on a float time to Tabor st. launch in Lyons? Also looking for info on portaging the low head dam that is along the route. I am a fisherman and not looking to jump any dams haha! Thank You fo any help.
I have fished below Webber in a Kayak years ago. I whent down to where the old dam they tore down is, turned around and paddled back upstream, fishing on the way. We spent 1/2 a day fishing and paddling that stretch. Got a few walleye and bigger Smallmouth where it gets deeper by that old dam. If you fish below Webber there's some big Channel Catfish in the current! They are fun! I would think I shouldn't take to long to get to Lyons from Webber if you're not paddling back, depends on how much you stop and fish.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
There are some MONSTER eyes and smallies in that stretch... not much help on the actual question ur looking for, but lots of good fishing..

·
Registered
206 Posts
There are some MONSTER eyes and smallies in that stretch... not much help on the actual question ur looking for, but lots of good fishing..
I didn't get any super big Smallmouth or walleyes, some people have told me there's large pike by the Old torn down dam. But I was having a blast with the big Channel Cats in my Kayak! Just drifting a crawler. I thought there's gotta be some big bass around the out flow/ down side of Weber....but I didn't do that good there. I had to go down stream more. That's where I got the Eyes also.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I didn't get any super big Smallmouth or walleyes, some people have told me there's large pike by the Old torn down dam. But I was having a blast with the big Channel Cats in my Kayak! Just drifting a crawler. I thought there's gotta be some big bass around the out flow/ down side of Weber....but I didn't do that good there. I had to go down stream more. That's where I got the Eyes also.
There are definitely some big ones in there. I've landed some huge ones while salmon fishing. Hook into one and think you've got a monster coho only to see whiskers lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts