Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Went to reeds lake and seen two guys walking around the shorline carelessly watched as they augered a hole and it only took two cranks and they were through. I didn't see them go any farther, hopefully i won't see them in the news tonight.:tdo12:

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,508 Posts
As a kid I used to swim and play in Dean Lake. They still have all those over grown gold fish in there? All I remember for fish is 100's of them.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Ranger Ray said:
As a kid I used to swim and play in Dean Lake. They still have all those over grown gold fish in there? All I remember for fish is 100's of them.
That's funny! About 10 or 15 years ago, I fished Dean with my Dad and in the shallow water, you could see those monsters through the hole!

Sid

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yes they do have those golden shiners still but not as many. That sparked the stocking of the muskys, to control the outburst of the goldies but i still see them swimming around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We were looking into buying a house on deans lake, but I need to find out how the fishing is first. Anyone know how the fishing is?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fishing is great on that lake. Nice bass, lots of hammerhandle pike,Musky,Perch,impressive bluegill fishing. Don't know if there is any crappie though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I live 2 streets away from dean lk and fish it quite often with my 11 yearold son there are some nice bass but not as many as there were 3 or 4 years ago, I think people must be keeping them. There are tons of small pike, some so skinny you wonder if they are starving. there are also a lot of bluegills and some perch so there is plenty of food for the pike they must be poor hunters. It's A nice little lake to put my canoe in and fish with my boy now and then but not my first choice....P.S. BIG GOLDFISH!

·
Registered
509 Posts
steelers fan said:
I live 2 streets away from dean lk and fish it quite often with my 11 yearold son there are some nice bass but not as many as there were 3 or 4 years ago, I think people must be keeping them. There are tons of small pike, some so skinny you wonder if they are starving. there are also a lot of bluegills and some perch so there is plenty of food for the pike they must be poor hunters. It's A nice little lake to put my canoe in and fish with my boy now and then but not my first choice....P.S. BIG GOLDFISH!
Where exactly is the park in which to launch a canoe? It seems like a decent opportunity for next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts