Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the draw back of living 400 miles away is I can't fix my moms snowblower. She brings it in every year to get it fixed. Shes in her mid 60's and can't get around very well due to having polio when she was younger. . I'm tired of having the place she brings it to over charge her. Can anyone recommend a good snowblower repair shop in G.R./Wyoming area. She brought it to DeYoungs again and was told 3-4 weeks and told would $150 be okay before they even look at it. Shes not rich by any means and I'm tired of her being taken advantage of. I'm not there to really know whats going on with the blower but I'm tired of this continuing repair job.

If anyone does house calls that a do it yourselfer even better. Alot of people need some extra spending money. Maybe you can school her husband in the process. :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Have her check around for a small shop like me that works from home.
Alot cheaper and usually quicker cause we're not as well know. To bad she's on the other side of the state.

$150 is steep if all it needs is a tune up but if it's a single stage and it needs paddles, scraper and a tune up the price isn't bad though I would be a little cheaper depending on whether she needed it picked up or not.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just spoke to my mom. She said it will start and blow snow. However when you shut it off it won't start again. So she brought it in again to a placing in Wyoming and they said $150 and it will be 3-4 weeks. She had to pay a $30 fee to start just in case she decides to not have it fixed. Which I can understand but 3-4 weeks and tell her $150 for a gas issue. Come on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts