Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going the Grand Rapids six street damn, i've never been there my whole life and me and my buddy are going to try it out if the fishing is good or not we really don't care. All I care about is how to set your pole up? Like how are they fishing, how are the rigging it up different times of the day, fishing for coho or what ever salmon hit. If there is anyone on here that can kind a help me on what to try or what to do I'm going in blind boys lol I don't know of any bait shops that will be open that early in the morning, i'd like to try a a hot and tot or a spoon but I really want to be set up the right way for fishing the salmon,

Was going to with a hot and tot and spoon really really early in the morning then switch to what ever it is you're supposed to switch to for the salmon fishing down there, I don't know what I'm going with a bobber and a fly anyway anyone could help me, I'm still new to this salmon fishing, I would deeply appreciate anybody that can tell me the set up to do down there, do I use split shots how far away do I put the split shot up anyone that can help me pictures would help too.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Take into consideration the grand is VERY VERY low and warm right now but if your dead set on 6th st I'd drift skein under a float as my primary presentation. Tots, wiggle warts, and bombers would be 2nd. 3rd would be big spinners, orange would be my first color I'd throw out. I know theres fish being caught but most are being "legally snagged" as the waters low, slow, and warm. The fish that are there arnt exactly aggressive. Good luck if you go.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Tonight into tomorrow we are supposed to get rain. If we do I'd put my money on saturday or sunday being the best bet as it's going to be pretty cool during the day and chilly at night. That coupled with rain (if we get any volume) should get the fish moving and biting.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Book a trip with a knowledgeable guide to learn the techniques. Generally casting stickbaits early and float fishing with skein afterwards are the most productive. Float fishing isn’t just plunking a bobber down. You need clean properly cared for skein and the right shot patterns etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts