Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the ice situation on Grand lake, north of Alpena? I will be heading up Friday night & hope to get on some ice other than Black Bass Bay.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
I've got a friend on Grand Lake, he's been telling that up until very recently the weather up that way has not been favorable for making much ice. I've got a call into him for an updated ice report.

Other than that I rely on Bud & Lorie @Bucks for my fishing reports. ;)
http://www.bucksbait.com/

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, any info would be appreciated. Usually do ok early ice. Cant wait to watch tipups, eat peanuts, and have a couple PBR's.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
PerchPatrol, I was up that way on Mon and things still looked really thin. I didnt see anyone one out. I didnt get out of the truck and test it because I had my wife and daughter with me. Wife didnt like the idea of me "checking" things closer.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
I just drove by Grand Lake, looks to me like 2-3 inches of ice I didn't see anyone out there. Doesn't seem to be a lot of snow on the ice which is good it will probably be fishable this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Just stopped by the boat launch across from the Lafarge Quarry and ther's 3 people out about 200 yards fishing. I didn't venture out myself since I'm wearing dress clothes but it's definitely fishable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts