Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my dad down to the south pier early Sat am. We fished 3:30-8am and the pier was packed by the time we arrived. We ended up fishing lake side and my dad hit a nice king at 5:30 on a blue glow Yeck spoon. He moved to Grand Haven from Indiana this spring and this is his first salmon from the pier.

Just before dawn I picked up a small coho, and my dad had another hit. At dawn the cast netters started getting alwewife pretty good riverside, and the bite was on for the ale fishermen off the bottom. Saw many fish caught before we left, and so no other fish taken on spoons. My dad is picking up a cast net this week.:lol:

It was a circus on the north pier and plenty of boats out there as well. I took some pictures and made a cool panorama shot with 3 of the pictures. Check out the full sized one in my gallery.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Tell your dad congrats. I assume that he is hooked now?

I was in the surf on the North Side this a.m. Had 3 bumps but no fish.:sad: They were porpasing in front of us this morning at first light and I heard them before daylight. I could not believe the amount of people out there, between the boats on top of eachother and people shoulder to shoulder on the pier. CRAZY!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts