Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out with a friend this morning. Lines set at 6:35, no action until shortly after 7, then 3 rods went off in short order. One knockoff, landed 1 4 yr old, lost another after a long struggle. Picked away with another 4 yr old, another lost nice one and another knockoff, then from 8:45 on caught 2 small chinooks and hooked a nice double about 9 am. Landed 2 nice kings and we were done. Home by 10 am.

Fish were 20, 17.5, 15, 12, 5,5, and 4#. Fished in 65-80 FOW, white/glow f/c with black squid, white/glow f/c with glow frog squid, white/glow f/c with metallic green/silver squid and green/glow f/c with blue dolphin fly all went at least twice, only spoon bite was a knockoff on a mag gr dolphin on a fixed slider. Riggers at 49 and 35, dipseys at 110-130 were the ticket.

Lots of bites while we were turning.

Butch

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
SWEET! Another 2 tickets please.:D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go punch those tickets tonight, Jim and Tim.

I also talked to a friend on the phone this morning who was fishing in 180 FOW out of GH who had 4 at that time and had lost a couple and another friend fishing out of Arcadia that was gettin' them too. Good day to fish wherever, I guess.

It's still calm and foggy(1/2 mile visibility) now at 3 pm just like it was this am so....

Butch

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sixshooter's arm might fall off if he does well tonight and then again in the EEEAARRLLLYYY AM!
I am going to go pound the pillow.
Seeya's on the water!
Auditor

Carp per Diem

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Way to go Matt! Nice catch. I hope it is almost that good tomorrow out of Whitehall. I am taking a buddy for the AM bite. Anybody else going to be there? "Reel Dream" on 68 untill the clutter is too thick, then up to 72.

Rick

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey Matt tried to raise you on the radio this morning but i couldn't get you sounds like you guys did great we didn't get any big tunas but enough to keep my crew happy.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

Larry, thanks for the call on the radio. The batteries were low in my radio(handheld)yesterday, so I left it off to save them in case of emergency.

Butch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts