Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me a place to launch below grand rapids that isnt to shallow now????

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
didnt want to go to lake mich....last time i went up at ionia i was scraping and couldnt go past the rapids ,4days later it was down 6 inches ,last week i backed into lowell and my boat was 6 inches from the water,thats too low anywhere above grand rapids,,,usgs had red marks for grand,dont know where your at on grand but it is much below normal....anywhere below 6th street to launch???????/

·
Registered
693 Posts
There are three luanches that I know of from Johnson Park to Jenison...I think these are the first three launches down river from 6th st. The water is low but I have fished it in the USGS dozens of times with a 14ft aluminum boat and had zero problems.

How big is your boat?

The fishing on the Grand has been slow for me. I caught an 8lb pike the other day but the bass are gone.

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its 16 ft,deep v flat bottom 25hp merc,it already sounds better than upriver,if you fish there a lot maybe we could hook up sometime

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why arent the bass biting,been getting a few this year but nothing like the past huh huh huh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts