Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble getting my Lowrance LMS 522 to show the state line. I am not a tech geek but thought I was at least a little savvy. All of the map data for borders is turned on... State, country, county, political, city, etc. and still can't see the Mi-Oh line. Not too much of a problem for me since I have all of the licenses, but several passengers over the last couple days only have Mi. Any recommendations on how to get the line to show on the GPS would be appreciated.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zoomed in to at least 1/4 mile on the screen and had nothing.

·
Registered
722 Posts
On my Hds 7 gen II with insight maps, the only way I can get it to show up is if I zoom OUT...not in.............***!!!...try that....but when your hugging close to the line its no help.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Zoom out and use your pointer to mark a couple way points on that line. Then zoom back in to dial in your route once you find a school.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Yep what he posted.. put waypoints on the line, use a different icon marker. Same for the boarder around fermi. Or if you download easygps expert I'm told you can draw in lines etc in colors that will show up at any zoom level.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I talked to Lowrance about this same issue, and they are aware of it, but when I asked, they had no plans/timeline to address it. As of now, the only way to see the border is when you are zoomed WAY out. Really a PIA if you ask me, and something that is VERY poor customer service seeing as this issue has been around AND been complained about for over 4 years (that I am aware of!!). To me the biggest time this was an issue was jigging the river....for instance when fishing by the Matchstick.....no way at the zoom levels necessary to see the CDN border on the HDS Lake Insight maps you could be exactly sure if you were over the line or not. What the Lowrance rep I talked to suggested was that I buy an aftermarket chip like Lakemaster or HotMaps, which did solve the problem, but it still burns my a** that I had to spend another $150 on a chip, when one of the main reasons I bought the Lake Insight model in the first place was to see border lines.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried zooming way out and can see the US-CAN border and the MI-OH border but that stops out in front of bolles on my map.....what a POS. Looks like the wife and in-laws will have to stay home when I fish out there..... Maybe this is a good thing LOL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts