Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an atv would like to not use my phone for getting around to different spots, i use Navionics app. What does everyone use ? does humminbird make just a gps with lakemaster cards ? not worried about trails , just lakes. Thanks, oh probably go ram mount style so i can switch from atv to snowmobile

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you use what you have 9n your boat. I use my Garmin EchoMap 73dv from my boat on the ice.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
i would rather not, my boat is in storage and it's a rather larger unit.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a Lowrance Elite 4 gps unit. It's fairly small and easy to mount, also very easy on the snowmobile's battery. I like it but have been considering buying a Helix 5 just for the Lake Maps that Humminbird allows. Either unit will work great, You most definitely need a unit if you fish Saginaw Bay or any big water. I wouldn't be without one. I have an Elite 7 on my walleye boat but I have read that they tend to suck the life out of a battery pretty quickly and I don't want to chance being 8 miles out on the bay and not being able to start my sled. The helix 5 won't use as much power so even though I would rather buy the 7 and also use it on my boat, the 5 seems like the best option for ice only application. I should probably just be satisfied with what I have as it works great but I love new gear and the looks of the Helix with Lake Maps is awesome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll look into one of those 5"s, thanks as far as battery power after you get to a spot i would just assume turn it off, I'm a vex man, not trying to start a fight lol i know how guys get on the internet about silly stuff

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Whatever gos you can find a good deal on. You don’t need anything too expensive. I take the humminbird 798 off the stern of the boat in the winter.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
got an atv would like to not use my phone for getting around to different spots, i use Navionics app. What does everyone use ? does humminbird make just a gps with lakemaster cards ? not worried about trails , just lakes. Thanks, oh probably go ram mount style so i can switch from atv to snowmobile
I found that the Lowrance from the bow of my boat is a much more reliable choice for GPS after having phones shut down even while plugged into a charging chord.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts