Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the gps coordinates to my 40 acres located around Ludtington? I have the legal description that doesn't help much. I can locate 2 corners on the property but the othere 2 are located in the Swamp. I was able to find photos of the property on the net. but nothing on property boundries transulated to gps?

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Ed,
Check out Maptech MapServer

once you get the area you want to map up, it displays the Lat and Long where ever your cursor is on the map (DMS, DM.MM, DD.DD and UTM), pretty cool:cool:

Good Luck

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Keep in mind that GPS's aren't "Pinpoint" accurate...For Example, Mine us usually Accurate to 17 feet when it has a good lock on about 4 or more satilites. That means you might show on your GPS that you are on the property corner but it could really be 17feet in any direction....The only way I have been able to put property boundries on my GPS is to hire a surveyor and then walk to the stakes and enter in a waypoint. Then I am only 17 feet accuate. IF somehow you can get the Lat. and Long. of your property corners you could just manually enter then into your gps, but I have not found any source that has GPS cooridantes of any property unless they came from a Surveyor...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts