Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
A very good question. I, also, would like some insight into this. Outdoor issues do matter to me when voting.

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
I know that all of the 3 Democrats are opposed to the amendments it the US and Michigan Constitutions that enumerates our right of self defense.

It would not surprise me that if one of them is elected you will see a change in the DNR moving it to an anti-hunting stance. More restrictions and more silly stuff like birth control for deer, etc. Real conservation work will grind to a halt.

·
Registered
294 Posts
From www.billshuette.com :

"Defending Your Rights:
Bill is a strong defender for the rights of the unborn and has been repeatedly supported by Michigan Right to Life. He is an avid hunter and protector of our 2nd Amendment rights. Bill has been repeatedly endorsed by the National Rifle Association and received an “A” rating."

Not that it may matter- i feel that with the pot legalization bill on the ballot, the democrats will score an overwhelming victory. The republican legislature really screwed up when they failed to pass recreational legalization on their own and keep it off the ballot. Back to the bad old days now.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Ah, this again? What are you, a paid Schuette shill?

As I stated in the last thread you made on this exact subject: I've lived through multiple democrat administrations, and I'm hunting and fishing more species than ever. Not a single gun in my ever-expanding collection has been seized by Big Brother. I highly doubt clamping down on hunting and fishing rights is part of Gretchen Whitmer's agenda. There are much more pressing issues like fixing the damn roads, and providing clean drinking water to the citizens of Flint.

As a sportsman, I want clean water, clean air, and access to public land and waterways preserved. The democrats have a far better track record of that than the GOP.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I
Ah, this again? What are you, a paid Schuette shill?

As I stated in the last thread you made on this exact subject: I've lived through multiple democrat administrations, and I'm hunting and fishing more species than ever. Not a single gun in my ever-expanding collection has been seized by Big Brother. I highly doubt clamping down on hunting and fishing rights is part of Gretchen Whitmer's agenda. There are much more pressing issues like fixing the damn roads, and providing clean drinking water to the citizens of Flint.

As a sportsman, I want clean water, clean air, and access to public land and waterways preserved. The democrats have a far better track record of that than the GOP.
Think you have me confused with someone else...that's the 1st I've posted anything on these forums regarding the governer's race. I was just trying to answer the op's question and then added my belief on how the race is going to go and why...no need to bash and accuse someone of being a schill... i looked on Whitmere's website and could.not find any mention of her positions on hunting/trapping/fishing or 2nd amendment issues.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I

Think you have me confused with someone else...that's the 1st I've posted anything on these forums regarding the governer's race. I was just trying to answer the op's question and then added my belief on how the race is going to go and why...no need to bash and accuse someone of being a schill...
I was talking to the OP, not you. OP started an identical thread in the soundoff section.

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
i looked on Whitmere's website and could.not find any mention of her positions on hunting/trapping/fishing or 2nd amendment issues.
You can find all kinds of her "anti-2nd and Michigan" firearms writings, just google them. She has written on banning guns and spoken about the same as well.

She has an anti-hunting voting record.

·
Super Moderator
38,274 Posts
Banning assault weapons is not anti-hunting, unless you like to hunt human beings.
Excuse me, your ignorance is showing. She is anti AR, which are NOT "assault weapons" it is the banning of firearms based upon their looks, and other arbitrary standards like a vertical grip. AR's are very, very popular with varmint hunters. And yes, they are great for personal defense as well. I will never vote for her.

·
Registered
21,944 Posts
Banning assault weapons is not anti-hunting, unless you like to hunt human beings.
What rifle cannot be used in an assault? Or used to hunt humans?
Who coined/perverted the term AR from automatic rifle to assault rifle?

What does gun ownership have to do with hunting?
How many hunters prefer the AR platform due to experience with them ,and their modular component system allowing more personal customization?

Yes ,insulting the use of an arm in a caliber suited to the game a hunter is pursuing is anti hunting.
If it fits within the D.N.R. qualifications/regulations it is legal ,and should remain so. Regardless of how "scary" it looks.

I don't hunt with a scary black rifle. Well ,not a type scary to me anyways. I'm sure some one would be frightened regardless of style , as long as it is a gun.

I could care less what others choose to hunt with ,as long as they are proficient with it.
Why should you care?

Reactions: itchn2fish

·
Registered
21,944 Posts
The anti-gun/anti-Constitution press, LiBeRaLs, what ever.

AR stands for Armalite Rifle. Facts are good.

That is just one of the lies what (b)witch will tell
I blew it. Armalite. Not auto.
In my defense ,I prefer AK's for plinking. Thus the A.
Turnbolts or wheel gun for deer though. Familiarity the biggest reason.

Reactions: DecoySlayer

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here in the forum you will get a pro outdoor slant for which ever party the member leans toward (usually how they were brought up). You can track existing politicians and how they vote on the Michigan votes website. It is a daunting task, but you can get a much different picture of a candidate once you look at their history for yourself and ignore the BS spin doctors. It’s worth the effort.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.