Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunnies and crappies off canal ice near Selfridge today. Hot bait was waxies on small jigs. Perch were there too but on the small side. Good size on the sunnies(7-8") and average crappies(8-10"). Ice was better in the morning but still walkable when we left. Sorry we didn't hook up on the perch, fasteight. They just weren't there today. Can't wait for it to get cold!!!

ficious

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
ICE!!!!!! well about 2-3" or so... i could not believe we went ice fishin today let alone catch a bunch of nice fish... Had a great time on the ice catchin fish with ficious today.. first light seemed to be the best action, after that is went in spurts and had to moved around to find em... all in all it was a good first time for ice fishin this year.. hope we have enough ice for the outing at stoney creek comin up, should be alot of fun... thanks again Harry..

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Did you get good numbers of sunnies??? I'm shocked the ice was still ok to walk on.

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think cold weather!!! Lots of outings coming up and we seem to be a little short of ice in most places.

I'm not sure how many fasteight went home with. I culled once and went home with 18 sunnies/gills,4 crappies and 7 perch. Nice thick bodied sunnies. Little short of half a bucket. Water was stained. Got them on chart. with red/black dots, orange w/black dots, black/purple w/pink pearl, and chart/red dots. Only a couple of fish on minnows.

Connor4501,
We had a good freeze overnight and the sun didn't come out very long. Holes were freezing over most of the day. There were 50+ people on the ice today.

ficious

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
i went home with 3 crappie, 5 perch and 16 nice sunfish and gills , thinkg i threw back some gills and sunfish or gave them away to a guy thinkin i was closer to limit then i was... it was alot of fun and the ice kept ya on your toes with the crackin and sinkin feelin sumtimes...lol after this weekend i hear the temps are supposed to stay in the 20's for a while so hopefully will be back out ice fishin soon...

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fasteight,

I know I did the same, when I culled I thought They would keep biting too. Sure hope we get ice for the Stoney Outing....love to get some of those slabs!!

FishinJoe,

Check your PM's

·
Registered
876 Posts
FishinJoe, take 94 East to the Hall Road Exit.
Get off and go east maybe a mile. Stay straight and dont turn when you reach the "T" in the road. The water is directly in front of you along with public parking and baitshop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts