Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

6th street this afternoon.

Not much going on. The ice is gone, but i think it will be a little while before any numbers of fish show up. At least until the ice at grand haven is gone and the water warms up a tad.

Rockford dam yesterday afternoon.

Nothing going on whatsoever

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Yum chocolate milk.... i heard the same thing about the zoo today and saw first hand that the joe was nice and brown.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow - how things change
Stood in the middle of the Grand last Saturday - (went 0/1 plus a snagged walleye -

Looks like bank fishing for a week or so .

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the grand hasnt even peaked yet either and with this rain we are getting right now........ it may be bank fishing for more than a week.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
I see the Grand is really up and running. I have to chuckle at what that area looked like 50 years ago.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, i bet 50 years ago there was no "blue line" for 4 of the guys in the picture to be fishing inside of either........

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Nope on the "blue line". There was a power canal running parallel to the river. It was higher than the river and there was a long wooded area between the river and the canal that we called "The Island". You could go on the island and be rather isolated what with the trees and brush.

·
Registered
318 Posts
wow,
look at her rip. she wont calm down for at least a week and a half. goes to show you how powerful she is. this blast of water should definately bring a couple fish in.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Grand River at Ionia is over the bank for the most part. The gate to the boat lunch at the fairgrounds are locked and most of that area is under water. The North end of the fairgrounds are underwater also. Fields around Celevand Street are also partially under water.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Even though the Grand just pushed over 10,000 cfs, it still hasn't come up as high as it did in 1997. Here are some nostalgia pics from then.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Nice pix Phly! Thanks for sharing them

·
Registered
839 Posts
Originally posted by cireofmi
Grand River at Ionia is over the bank for the most part. The gate to the boat lunch at the fairgrounds are locked and most of that area is under water. The North end of the fairgrounds are underwater also. Fields around Celevand Street are also partially under water.
So is most of my property this morning,and I'm a mile away and 100' above the Thornapple Valley flood-plain. :eek: :rolleyes:

P.S. Great pics;Thanks

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its at 11,000 right now and still rising.....

can you say boat or bank spring on the grand?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts