Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came in from outside- I think April is here and my calander lies! A couple more days of this and the ramp to L. St. Clair at S River Rd. will be open. Anyone up for stalking some Northerns?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am extremely interested in doing some pike fishing at ice out on St. Clair. Where is this launch that you are speaking of and where do you search for them at this early in the year. With temp's. in the 50's the next couple of days the bug will certainly be going around

·
Super Moderator
37,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is at the mouth of the Clinton River, East of Mt. clemens. I was down there on Monday and the river was clear of ice, and the main lake south of Anchor Bay was open.Coming from Jackson you would take I-94 East to North River Road, turn East (left) to Bridgeview S on Bridgeview to S. River Rd. E. on S. River Road to the end. As far as location, There are numerous bays and islands out there, take your pick, depending on wind, water temp., etc. I grew up on this lake, if you need more info, or want to hook up E-Mail me.

·
Super Moderator
37,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was seriously thinking about heading out to the flats this weekend, but I'm sure Anchor Bay will be breaking up, and they are calling for north-northwest winds to blow it out into the main lake. nothing like dodging sq. mile ice flows, or having one come to a stop in front of your launch site. P.S. don't even think about ice fishing the bay this weekend unless you like helicopter rides!

·
Registered
99 Posts
It was warm enough to go fishing but I had to work. Remember thinking, the fish see a warm day like that and start to think it's spring. Won't be long now before the fish move shallow. I had my best luck on the shore of Lake Erie. I think Lake Erie warms up faster than the Detroit River. Last year we has that warm spell in March and it turned the walleye on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts