Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new Perception Outlaw 11.5 out for it's maiden voyage / shakedown. Already knew that a crate larger than my old "standard" mill crate, so the new one is already in the tankwell. This yak is MUCH more comfortable than my old one. Took a little getting used to paddling this beast, as I'm sitting higher than on my old yak.

Of course, I had to do a little fishing. I fished a shallow, black-bottom bay, with a 1/32 oz custom hair jig tipped with a Gulp! Minnow under a weighted float. SLOW retrieve was key. Sometimes a twitching retrieve, sometimes a slow steady retrieve. Sometimes I would feel the bite, sometimes I would noticed the float doing something it shouldn't, sometimes I just felt resistance, like I was snagged on some weeds. Ended up catching quite a few before calling it a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will that transome take and electric trolling motor?
If you do this route, you may need to install a hatch in the tankwell, just to attach the mount for either an outboard or trolling motor. There is a circular area already positioned for that.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
If you do this route, you may need to install a hatch in the tankwell, just to attach the mount for either an outboard or trolling motor. There is a circular area already positioned for that.
Going to stick with the traditional style kayak. If I crack out the trolling motor it will go on my 10 foot aluminum boat.

Am seeing this feature on more and more watercrafts.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no plans on putting a trolling motor on my Kayak. I bought this one because of the price point, the ability to stand in it, and the comfortable seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts