Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up in my climber, not knowing what tree to climb...Got set up but didnt get very high...maybe 15 ft. Super frosty which made it tough to feel like you were sneaking in...Got settled around 630.. 745 a deer pops out of the thicket 80 yds away. This deer read the script..Walked right to me 10 yd shot and double lung. This rack has character and will be going on my wall. Taged out and ready to do some ice fishing! If you put the time in, you will get opportunities at good deer!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's what I'm talking about! Way to get it done this late in the season

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yea that is a cool rack, Unique and has that nice dark brown color

Grats man! Im heading out in the late morning for a mid day hunt, try to stay warm and try to figure out these damn deer on my property's.. Havent been seeing many the past week with eve/morn hunts, Hopefully they are moving during the day

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This guy was late getting to bed, right place and time! Two years in a row I have shot bucks in the first and second week of December.

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Nice job, Greg! I'll be getting ahold of ya soon so we can chase some eyes on the ice...perhaps a jumbo perch or 2...

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Way to stick it out and tag him, I will be getting back at it this mid week.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Nice buck ! Way to put a plan together. Gotta love it when it worksm way better than hitting an old stand and waiting for luck.Did same on Friday. Put a makes shift ground blind together, had two does come in 15 yds, no bucks ,yet.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Good job and couldn't agree with ya more about late bow. By far my favorite time to bowhunt! Been out everyday up in the NW12 and will only miss two hunts this Dec. because of X-mas responsibilities. Good to have all this stateland to myself again! Slid an arrow through a nice 8 the other evening when it was 14 degrees. Gotta love modern clothing when the mercury decides to go real low. Time for the snow camo tonight!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts