Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I fished a familiar place again and similar results. this time I forgot the bait and had to use a spoon. this one was a fire tiger brand in fire tiger orange with a red jensen egg.. Famous Dave turned me on to this one. I had never caught a fish on it and my trusty rapala was not producing so I tied it on. Game on. I took home 13 or 15 and my buddy juan had his share. I let go another 30 under 8. this trip nothing under 8 into the bucket. most of the bite came in a mid-morning flurry. i lost an absolute pig about 4 foot under the ice. It pulled drag and got off.i do have another picture but my gallery is full. if someone gives me their e-mail address i can mail it, so someone can post it. Just p.m. it to me.

·
Registered
20,126 Posts
Very nice. You'd be surprised how many combo's that bead works with, spoons, teardrops, horizontal jig's,, you name it,, I always try it on everything at least once.

·
Registered
575 Posts
not calling you a lier but how is it your the only one in this whole area that ive heard getting good fish not once but every time you go out:confused:

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I've fished with Double Trouble before and I can assure that he works his ass off to find fish. He drives the miles, walks the miles, and does the searching. No shanty, no sled, no quad. Just a bucket and something to put a hole in the ice.

If he says he caught fish I believe him.

Now Dan, did you send a return PM to my son MuskyHunter?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
If you are running XP, click on Start, My pictures. Migrate the pictures into that folder. Right click on the picture and then click on resize photo. Small or medium should do it.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Mike, I think i got it re-sized and sent to Bonney to post. I can't believe how tired I was from dragging the shanty through that snow. See , i even bought a shanty this year. it was nice. Shanty, heater ,and lazer auger.I still like my bucket ,but last year i got a jet sled Jr. I'm getting too old to carry it all. it works well especially if there is snow. I did spend a few hours hole hopping ,but most of the fish came in a 2 hour flurry. I even asked if anyone wanted to go. I got one response. I did fish all day and might go Tuesday. Juan is going today ,but the weather today and tomorrow is going to be terrible.
I deleted all my messages and can't remember if your son wrote me. Great, the damn cat just threw up.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Today I fished a familiar place again and similar results. this time I forgot the bait and had to use a spoon. this one was a fire tiger brand in fire tiger orange with a red jensen egg.. Famous Dave turned me on to this one. I had never caught a fish on it and my trusty rapala was not producing so I tied it on. Game on. I took home 13 or 15 and my buddy juan had his share. I let go another 30 under 8. this trip nothing under 8 into the bucket. most of the bite came in a mid-morning flurry. i lost an absolute pig about 4 foot under the ice. It pulled drag and got off.i do have another picture but my gallery is full. if someone gives me their e-mail address i can mail it, so someone can post it. Just p.m. it to me.
Your off to a good start,,,congrats on the jumbos!!!!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Thanks Mike, I think i got it re-sized and sent to Bonney to post. I can't believe how tired I was from dragging the shanty through that snow. See , i even bought a shanty this year. it was nice. Shanty, heater ,and lazer auger.I still like my bucket ,but last year i got a jet sled Jr. I'm getting too old to carry it all. it works well especially if there is snow. I did spend a few hours hole hopping ,but most of the fish came in a 2 hour flurry. I even asked if anyone wanted to go. I got one response. I did fish all day and might go Tuesday. Juan is going today ,but the weather today and tomorrow is going to be terrible.
I deleted all my messages and can't remember if your son wrote me. Great, the damn cat just threw up.

Why would Mikes' son write you that it's great that the dam cat just threw up???
WWWAAAHHHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!:lol:
Just funnin' ya'
I have had those "rare" days where they will fill the hole for an hour or 2!!!:fish:
Sly

·
Registered
20,126 Posts
not calling you a lier but how is it your the only one in this whole area that ive heard getting good fish not once but every time you go out:confused:
:lol: Ya kinda basically are callin' him a liar....:lol:

Seriously,,, I have the pic's and he's not exaggerating on the size either. I haven't "personally" fished with him(yet)..:lol:,,, but the dude finds fish. ;)

Last night I tried for an hour and a half trying to re-size the pic's but my system just would NOT let me do it for some reason. :(

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Dude in a red Nike sweatshirt holding a couple 10" - yeah the link works:lol:

Good job on the perch. Now if only this wind settles down for the week, I'm hoping I can get into some.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Nice job. I'll be heading out Tuesday to try and rustle up some. Been a long time since I had a nice perch dinner. Probably head around metro area.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts