Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day on the ice with fasteight. I came up with 21 gills, 11 perch and a crappie(fasteight donated that one). Fasteight might post his catch later.

Never expected to find walkable ice left after a month away from the lake with the temp's and rain that we've had since. We were on 3-4" of some amazingly good ice. I doubt that there will be anything left after the wind we had today. Most keepers were average size, beggar can't be choosy, lots of small fish to weed through. I though that they would have been stacked up in there. They killed them yesterday(of course).

Just happy to have gotten out, thanks for coming along fasteight, hope you back isn't to sore. The ice dropping 12" didn't make climbing on the docks any easier for him.

Harry

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
COOL BEANS FISCIOUS MAN WISH I COULD OF GOT ON SOME OF THAT ACTION SMALL FISH OR NOT . I DON'T KNOW IF FAST TOLD YOU BUT I'M A GILL FREAK ANY TIME OF YEAR . WE NEVER MET YET MAINLY DO TO THE FACT THAT I'M NEW TO THE SITE THIS YEAR , I'VE FISHED WITH FAST A COUPLE TIMES . SEND ME A PM IF YOU GUY GO TOMORROW MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP OR MAYBE YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE I WONT GET IN THE WAY.

EDDIE A/K/A MING MING :cool:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
what a day, i tell ya, fishin with ficious is always an experience to remember when it comes to ice...LOL i fished first ice with him on 2-4" of ice and now last ice, which was a very big surprise when we got there... i ended up with 13 gills and 14 perch, sorted thru alot of smaller ones... had a long dry spell thru the middle of the day but once everyone else left, ficious figured out the problem and we started catchin fish again.. got a little crazy out there thru out the day with the rain, snow and nasty wind but ended up bein a great day on the ice, LOL, ICE..... Ed, ficious is the guy u wanna talk to about Gills and crappie, he has always put me on fish, unless salmon fishin, LOL(guess i am bad luck) dont think we will be on that ice anymore this year, it dropped about 10-12" while we was out there today, and yes, my back is killin me, but its worth it ..

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Nice job Harry...Sorry I missed out on the fun...:(

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
SAY FRIED FILLETS PATTY AND I WENT BY THE RAFT TODAY THE ICE WAS STILL IN GOOD SHAPE BUT THE WATER WAS REAL DIRTY FISH WERE BLIND .STUPID DIRTY WATER LOL.

EDDIE A/K/A MING MING

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ed Stringer,

Sorry to hear you got run out Ed, I didn't think the guard would be there this early in the year. Night fishing there might be an option if you have a couple of lanterns.

Fried Fillets,

Check you PM's

ficious

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Ficious, you are nuts... my mind left ice fishing weeks ago. I figured there would still be some canal ice but I'm thinking steel right now!

Zob

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't give up til it's gone, real gone. I'm gonna spend the whole summer trolling, thinking about ice again. Sick puppy? The only time I panfish these days is hard water, just love those tasty critters.

There's still ice, just have to know where to look and to be careful when you do. Zob, find a boat?

Harry

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'M WITH FICIOUS IT'S NOT GONE YET , WHEN IT'S DONE HERE I HEAD TO NORTHERN MINN. FOR SOME UPPER RED LAKE CRAPS FOR A WEEK . THEN BACK HOME TO WORK WAITING FOR NEXT YEARS HARDWATER AND IF THAT NUTS COOL, GOTTA LOVE IT ,LOL.

EDDIE A/K/A MING MING :cool:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
thin ice= nice fishin

for one u dont have the crowds and the fishin is usually gettin good again.. hopin to get out again this week, maybe hook up with Ed and see if we can get on some fish... fishin with ficious is always exciting, never know just what conditions u might fish...lol but usually always on fish...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
More than likely I'll be bumming rides for a while as I don't have the money for that (just bought a new condo). Let me know if you ever need another on the boat. I live a little further away but I had a great time fishing with you last year. Maybe this year the salmon will be there?!?!

Zob

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zob,

For what it's worth, I still have those manuals if you are still interested, the price is right. I'll save them. Yeah, I hope there are more fish this year too, or maybe we could start downrigging for perch???? Maybe we just have to try harder this year??

There's still some ice left if you look for it. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Harry

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah, we can talk about those more later... but I'm done for the ice season. My mind is on steelhead right now it would be hard to go back to the ice. I'm surprised you were fishing the canals still when there is open water on Huron!

Do you ever troll shallow water for the spring browns and steelhead?

Zob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts