Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came off the water at Port Sanilac and found a parking ticket pasted on the driver side window. I have a DNR sticker that I bought at Lake Port State Park. Evidently the ranger only looked at my license plate and wrote the ticket. The sticker is on the windshield of the passenger side. Mistakes happen and I understand. I got lucky and spotted the ranger who wrote the ticket and showed him the sticker. No problem, he'll void the ticket, he said. The thing is, what if I did not spot the ranger? I would have had to call somebody to tell them I had a sticker. Would they have believed me? Would they have thought that I bought the sticker AFTER I got the ticket? The ranger's word against mine. I do not think this would have not turned out well....FOR ME. MEMO TO RANGERS: LOOK AT THE PLATE AND THE WINDSHIELD. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
yep .. i bought a anunnal launch pass for zville and it said to put on windshield or tongue of boat trailer so figured boat trailer because someone else might drive ....well came back in and soup said ya got a ticket ...what????? anyhow i tossed it in the garbage:evil: havent heard anything on it... BUT YES THEY NEED TO LOOK ALITTLE CLOSER...

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
i have had the same thing happen and just paid the ticket a friend of mine had sticker and got a ticket and blew it off he got pulled over and spent a night in jail over a mistake

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
...anyhow i tossed it in the garbage:evil: havent heard anything on it...
Not trying to flame you 'eyes, but it's never a good idea to ignore a ticket, even if they were wrong. Law enforcement/Judges will be lenient on you if you act responsibly. Throwing it in the trash is not acting responsibly.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Chances are it was just a violation notice which has an envelope that you can mail the payment for a passport in and it's addressed to that local field office/state park/rec area.

If you get a one of these and already have purchased a passport sticker, call the Station that the envelope is addressed to and inform them. They'll just have you mail it in(postage is free) after you write the serial number of your passport on it.

NOBODY should be getting a Civil Infraction ticket for not having a passport. The notice/ticket you receive is the equivalent of a parking ticket. It does have bite though and you NEED to pay it or address it.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I would have had to call somebody to tell them I had a sticker. Would they have believed me? Would they have thought that I bought the sticker AFTER I got the ticket? The ranger's word against mine.
I would think that nothing happens these days with any state agency without a serial number somewhere and a computer entry. That entry would match the number on the pass/sticker you bought and would tell them the date and time it was purchased.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
yep .. i bought a anunnal launch pass for zville and it said to put on windshield or tongue of boat trailer so figured boat trailer because someone else might drive ....well came back in and soup said ya got a ticket ...what????? anyhow i tossed it in the garbage:evil: havent heard anything on it... BUT YES THEY NEED TO LOOK ALITTLE CLOSER...
You'll get a letter in the mail in about a year,,, a pretty nasty one at that, about paying that... :lol:

There's a serial number on the back of the sticker, all you have to do is call the office and give them the number. Unfortunately, they didn't believe me when I called in,,, so I had to drive to a DNR station and physically show them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts