Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally after not having a fly in the water since oct of 2002 i did it today. i was on some very cool looking creek near a place called coon valley in wisc. hooked 11 browns an landed 9. this is all catch n release water. but the biggest one got away, the darn hook a number 16 broke. i pulled my fly line in an had the fly but no hook left on it, strange. as this was a new fly never been in the water before. the one that broke the hook was in the 16-18'' size too. the ones that were landed were in the 10-13'' size. some nice browns for the size of that water.

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
Yeah, you earned that fishing trip. Let us know if you will be back in Michigan soon. There's quite a few of us that will be fishing the NW soon and you are welcome to tag along.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i should be cleared of this fort by wed-thur next week. going to take the u.p. way home just for the the woodsy drive. if all goes well i'll be stopping off at tippy dam to fish next friday an saturday just for the fun of it. but come april i'm going to stay up at the manistee from the 15- till the opening of trout an move over to the sturgon river for some smaller stream fishing. i just cant wait to finally put some flys thru the cold clear waters of michigan. also would really like to meet-up with you guys fishin the n.w. parts of michigan. i will not be going back to work till mid august so lots of fishin time for me. :)

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
I'll be coming to Wellston next Sat. Maybe I'll run into you. If I get there early enough I may hit Tippy or another nearby spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts