Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hoosier Daddy said:
That is one regal lookin MAMA. If the pups turn out like her they will make for some proud owners.

Are there any pups left?
Yeah there are pups left, I have 2 spoken for, there are 9 in the litter. 6 girls and 3 boys.

Thanks for the compliments, I think they are pretty pups, all nice size with good markings, and she is a great dog, hunting and companion, but spoiled!

· Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Yup very cute. Matter of fact I ahve never seen an ugly puppy -- a few ugly babies but never an ugly puppy. Now Grush don't be offended I didn't every see any of your baby pics.

· Registered
1,899 Posts
Beautiful looking pups. I have allways loved the Gordons.

SK,

Never seen an ugly pup ??? I tell ya a couple of those Point-Setta's were, I held them and said to myself "you might be a toughy to get rid of". But they all seem to be turning out...

Nurse, how did the delivery go ??? Perfect size litter...

Everybody thriving :gaga:

Rooster

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Rooster_Smasher said:
Beautiful looking pups. I have allways loved the Gordons.

SK,

Never seen an ugly pup ??? I tell ya a couple of those Point-Setta's were, I held them and said to myself "you might be a toughy to get rid of". But they all seem to be turning out...

Rooster
I'm sure you weren't referring to my Arrow

· Registered
411 Posts
Yep, we'll be adding one of those beautiful creatures to our pack someday too. Beautiful momma and pups!

· Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rooster_Smasher said:

Rooster
The delivery went text book, no problems, all the pups are looking good and growing fast, no small ones.

· Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
midwestfisherman said:
How big are the sire a dam. Have they been hunted on grouse and if so, how do they do on them?
the dam is 48-50 lbs, lots of pheasant hunting in N. Dakota, Canada and Michigan. she has had some grouse hunting, she is progressing nicely but needs some work yet on the grouse. She finds the grouse very well, but I need to steady her better, she wants to creep them. Its a matter of me getting her out there and working with her. ---I know---I need to get out there:eek:ne_eye: my own laziness. But she is rock steady on pheasants.

The sire is 55-60 lbs, he has been hunted on grouse quite hard and is excellent in the grouse woods. He has had a ton of exposure and experience. He has very strong attributes, he is a hard hunting dog, great nose and very steady.

Both are retrieve to hand dogs, the Dam has had a few water retrieves:) .

· Premium Member
2,179 Posts

Rooster[/quote]

The GSP genes must be pulling them through.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.