Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually wrap them in bacon and grill them, but what are you favorites. I have tried the jerky, but was looking for other tasty treats.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Swiss goose. Hammer and add tenderizer just as you would beef for swiss steak. Use your favorite swiss steak recipe, let it simmer for several hours. Serve over rice or mashed potatos. Yum yum.

Corned goose breast. Just like corned beef briskit but use goose breast. Another excellent way to use it.

Goose fahitas slice breast meat across the grain in thin strips marinade in a fahita marinade for a period of time, saute some onions and reg and green pepper until starting to go clear. Have a second pan where you can quick fry the strips in Olive oil. Once they have fried 1 or 2 minutes per side, throw them in the pan with the oinion pepper mixture, and saute another 2 3 minutes. Opo them in a corn or flour tortilla add a slice of avocado and some hot sauce. Good eating.
s

·
Registered
658 Posts
fillet breasts, marinate it in maple syrup and grill until medium rare or medium. Tastey... ;)
Goose fajitas, yeah thats another TBO (taste bud orgasim)

Cmon JD whats your favorite goose recipe???:evil:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Marinate in buttermilk for 48 hours then make an egg wash with Lawry's Season Salt and black pepper and than take some Drakes Shore lunch and flour, drip in egg wash then in Drakes and flour mixture and fry in a skillet with butter. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make you smack your momma! LOL:corkysm55

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
brine the goose breasts overnight and then prepare as would any other meat. I have used it in stews, jalepeno poppers etc......the brine breaks down the tissue and softens them up nicely..andy

·
Registered
438 Posts
We like to cook them all day in the crock pot with BBQ sauce. Then shred it (which normal gets out any missed shot) and eat on hamburger buns.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
goose cabobs
marinade in italian dressing with whatever you want on the bobbs
someone taught me this in manitoba last year and i think we ate this everyday for a week

·
Registered
134 Posts
Marinade in soy sauce, orange juice, italian dressing, crushed red pepper, a touch of water and terayki sauce for 8-12 hours after soaking in salt water for a few hours of course. Then cut into bite size peices, Then pan fry using the marinade to cook with on medium heat for 2-4 minutes a side! turns out great!

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
The fajitas rock. I've substituted goose breast for beef in a crockpot beef burgandy recipie that was freaking awesome. When you cut into pieces, wrap in bacon & grill, try adding chunks of bell peppers(mild) or jalepenos(wild) along with pinapple chunks.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts