Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So obviously Canada's are migrating hard and heavy through mid Michigan right now. My question is: can you convince them to land in a small hay field that they routinely fly over but never look down at?
I ask because my neighbor down the road has a small field 8-10 acres and has hesitantly gave me permission to hunt. The thing is that the birds have never landed there naturally, although there have been 200- 1000geese fly over every evening. (From best guess counting).
Anyways, you guys think I can bring them down with a dozen field shells and a dozen floaters set upright in the field, along with some mediocre calling? Or should I set up closer to where I think they're loafing a few miles away on the lake.
Yes I'm going to try once, and I realize that's the answer I'll get. But I not being a gooser I have no clue. And hate to waste an available day away from the ducks.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah totally surrounded by woods and paved road in two sides. None fly quite low enough to pass shoot.
Hoping for a couple stragglers trying to locate the big flocks they've been following.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts