Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Good Youth Bow

1141 Views 14 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Joe Archer
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am looking for some thoughts on youth bows. I want to get my son in to bow hunting. I took him Muzzelloader hunting this past year. He loved it. I tried to take him in a big stand with me during Bow season but the skeeters almost carried him away then he sprayed bug spray in his eyes, etc. To say the least that was an early night.

I measured his draw lenght to be 19 - 21 inches. He can maybe pull back 30 or so #'s. What are your thoughts one something good to get him?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
mathews ignition. excellent bow, and can be set from 20-50 #. They shoot super smooth, and only run about 320.00
Bear odessy 2
13-27 inches
15-50 lbs
All in one bow 270+ at 50# 27 inches faster then most mathews and $289 set up with a whisker biscuit arrows and sight. The perfect bow for a young kid to young adult
my 10 year old shoots a pse spyder. i picked up used for a 100 and its shoots great 15-45 lbs and you can change the draw alot! pretty fast a 25 lbs you'll be suprized!
My son has a Browning micro midas 3, Its a great bow for around $220.

It has 10 in. of draw adjustment you can adjust yourself without a press. I was real impressed with the speed and quietness of this bow.

Ryan
Also the Mathews Genisis is a good youth bow too.

In my opinion I would try and find someone that has a youth bow they are trying to sell. As in they replaced it because they kid out grew it and they don't need it no more. May find a good deal that way.
My buddy just picked up a Darton Ranger II for his kids this past Christmas. Nice bow and a MI company!
My 5 year old does well with his Genesis. If there is no hurry keep a eye out for used as mentioned already.
bigcountrysg said:
Also the Mathews Genisis is a good youth bow too.

In my opinion I would try and find someone that has a youth bow they are trying to sell. As in they replaced it because they kid out grew it and they don't need it no more. May find a good deal that way.
Check out the Parker Buck Shot also
18" to 28" adjustable draw ( with no bow press ).
They have bows from 20 to 30 - 30 to 40 & 40 to 50 lb
when your son out grows the the max weight for whatever bow you buy you send the bow & $50.00 to parker and they will put on the next heavier set of limbs.
It's what they call go as your grow program.
:yeahthat:
Camo Boy said:
when your son out grows the the max weight for whatever bow you buy you send the bow & $50.00 to parker and they will put on the next heavier set of limbs.
Looked at all of them at one time or another and feel the Browning Micro Midas is the best bang for the buck. Great shooting bow that is more than capable of taking a deer. Both my sons started out on them and loved them. They used them for at least 7 yrs and grew with them until they were old and mature enough to get a grown up bow. In fact, my one son loved his so much he decided on a Micro Adrenaline which is nothing more than a top of the line Micro Midas. I highly recommend it.
Ditto . That would be my recommendation too .
Itchin' to go said:
My son has a Browning micro midas 3, Its a great bow for around $220.

It has 10 in. of draw adjustment you can adjust yourself without a press. I was real impressed with the speed and quietness of this bow.

Ryan
:yeahthat: :yeahthat: BEST bow I've ever had and I still have it. Upgrading limbs this summer. I didn't like my PSE Spyder at all. It's not smooth and just feels like junk. JMHO
Camo Boy said:
The Parker is a nice bow too . My friends son has one .
I like the Browning bows for kids as well. All my kids statred out with the Micro-Midas, and my 16 year old son is still shooting his Micro-Eclipse! My daughter took her first deer with the Midas at 12 years of age. Browning seemed to be the leasders in the field for awhile, but others seem to have made strides to compete in this market recently.
The Darton bow looks awesome to me as well.
<----<<<
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.