Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
few co-workers and i are looking to go russian boar hunting somewhere in MI. whos been where and how was the experiance? thanks
adam

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just went with 3 buddys a few months ago to Michigan Trophy Hunts in Lupton, Mi DEFINITLY a awsome hunt, they were great guys there it was 1 heck of a hunt, It was my 1st time going and I would definitly recommend, If you are interested I will give you the phone # just pm me, I told the guides there i would not go if it was a easy walk in the gate shoot a hog and leave hunt. It was nothing like that.. 300 acres with only 30 some hogs minus the 4 we shot:lol: and I will tell you what the meat is awsome to.

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
3 more years and the whole L.P. will have a huntable number of hogs.
How exaggerated is that? I may start huntin the UP again if that's the case.
I love me some wild pork man MMMmmmmMMMMmm!

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
Hey Adam. I did one a couple years ago at Thunder hills ranch in Jackson county.
We did it in lui of a superbowl Sunday party....while we had an absolute Blast if I had to do it over I'd have waited till spring. 200 or so acres and a it was pretty clear and open that time of the year.
Would have been much more challenging with some grass and tree cover.

5 guys, we all took one and had a riot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Adam,

Check out this thread:

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184349

It's a few down the line under hog hunt.

I went to Super G a few years ago and had a great time shot a nice Russian. They got 500 arces or so ...as with any place, just make sure they have what you want. Not all pigs are Russian boars. Russians have long snouts, small ears, big shoulders, a low but and almost no tail. Don't get me wrong, ferals are fun to hunt too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts