Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing ok with perch on Manistee Lake in Kalkaska. Also caught 2 nice pike on Saturday on tip ups. Well I only landed one!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I haven't been on Manistee yet but I'm only about 15 miles from there and we have a solid 4". I've found that to be pretty much the norm.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I haven't fished that lake for about 35 years. My grand parents used to have a place on it. Was looking at some old home movies a while back, man they put a lot of walleye in the box back then. There was one stringer full that had a perch on it that had to go 14"....I may have to hit that lake this year.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Hondaxr said:
Been doing OK with perch on Manistee Lake in Kalkaska. Also caught 2 nice pike on Saturday on tip ups. Well I only landed one!
Dad used to live up there before his wife died. He use to fish it a lot. The lake would get unfishable with the weight of snow on top of the ice which would put slush on top of the ice. It would stop a snowmobile it was so bad. So how's the slush?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ther ewas about 6" off by the old resort and Ford road. Less over by Sands Park.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts