Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good News is the snow started yesterday here in the Tip O' the Mit, the bad news is, the ground is still too warm. It's sticking in the woods, on the underbrush and trees but most roads are melting. From what I saw on the radar, it will be good for the Yooper ML opener, and I'm hoping it stays here too. Hopefully, we don't get into that dreaded freeze-thaw cycle again. I think it really hurt the herd last year.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't worry, April/May will be here before ya know it!

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
10 miles north of Fremont, been snowing all day but not sticking until about 2pm or so........just a little while ago, almost 3 inches already, saying 6 inches by morning.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The weather reports last nite claimed an additional 2" overnite in my area, with more the closer you get to L. Michigan. I see maybe 1" actual.

·
Registered
36,339 Posts
I'm leaving for camp in about 5 minutes; it's about time that we had late fall type weather. I'm tired of 6" of mud instead of 6" of snow.

Issued by The National Weather Service
Alpena/Gaylord, MI
4:35 am EST, Fri., Dec. 4, 2009

... LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST SATURDAY.

PERSISTENT SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVER NORTHERN LAKE MICHIGAN TODAY AND PERSIST THROUGH AT LEAST SATURDAY. THIS WILL TARGET THE SOUTHEAST PORTION OF CHIPPEWA COUNTY WELL SOUTH OF M-28 WITH HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS... ESPECIALLY TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS BY SATURDAY EVENING... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY MEANS LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT IN SOME AREAS. SLOW DOWN AND EXERCISE CAUTION IF TRAVELING.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
good luck luvtohunt! i would be loving 10" of powder! im itching to get out to my stand!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
A little would be nice, But butt deep to a giraffe on the opening day of muzzleloader last year stunk.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone know how much snow is on the ground in the White Cloud area. I am going hunting this weekend and was just curious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts