Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure haven't heard good reports coming out of the bay so far this year! No idea whats going on.
Found some today........EAST side 12 FOW . Wound up with 22 (4 on board) and 4 nice keeper pike. Pulling meat @ 1.5 mph.............
Either fishing stinks.............OR nobody talking.............

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Sure haven't heard good reports coming out of the bay so far this year! No idea whats going on.
Found some today........EAST side 12 FOW . Wound up with 22 (4 on board) and 4 nice keeper pike. Pulling meat @ 1.5 mph.............
I have made two or three posts with one being an OP showing my half of a two man limit we got. Yesterday two of us were able to pick up 8 keepers with 3 nice perch. Waves were a biatch with water spilling over the bow at least once. That drove us off and did not let us get to where I wanted to be. All on meat and trolling with the wind obviously.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go to lake Erie, fished Thursday and today, limits in 1-1/2 hours.
Saginaw bay is not as it was 5-years ago!!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Go to lake Erie, fished Thursday and today, limits in 1-1/2 hours.
Saginaw bay is not as it was 5-years ago!!!

The Saginaw bay just got better on the west side. I talked to several charter captains and they all caught limits or close. 42 was the highest that I heard. Funny part is that they were all in different areas. Anywhere from the shipping channel, dumping grounds, cigar, black hole, or fingers all produced solid numbers. My solo limit came in less than 2 hours.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yes it has, even tho I haven't been out in a couple weeks, I know several parties that been doing really good in different parts of the bay where couple weeks ago those spots didn't produce, hoping weather cooperates tomorrow will be out there tomorrow

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Picked up a solo limit last night between the black hole and fingers. Crawlers, 25-60 ft back all took fish. Small blades and 2oz BB. Purple, chartreuse , and plain chrome. Also had 8-10 throwbacks and one white bass. View attachment 771655
Some nice eaters there. Thanks for the picture and the information. The four I brought home made for an excellent supper last night for us and my granddaughter who "begged" grandma for one of her fish dinners. Those fish never saw the freezer and are history now and a fond memory.:giggle::D

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Nice to see good reports finally coming !
Deer slayer had folks jealous for a while!
Not trying to make anyone jealous just give a little information about there being fish available without taking all the searching out of it.😅😇

Reactions: Bellboys and wallyg

·
Premium Member
29,959 Posts
The Saginaw bay just got better on the west side. I talked to several charter captains and they all caught limits or close. 42 was the highest that I heard. Funny part is that they were all in different areas. Anywhere from the shipping channel, dumping grounds, cigar, black hole, or fingers all produced solid numbers. My solo limit came in less than 2 hours.
Yep.... the cleaning station at LBM has been quite busy. Lots of fish being caught all over westside. Straight out to 20 fow, drop crawlers, pull in fish 😀

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
I was fishing Erie last Wed morning (I start work late on Wed) and literally caught 3 fish in a row, as I dropped a crawler harness straight off the stern. 2 bit as I was putting the rod in the holder, and 1 bit just as I let go of the rod in the holder. I landed 3 walleyes on that rod in under 5 minutes, trolling. We are blessed to have these great fisheries.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
I was fishing Erie last Wed morning (I start work late on Wed) and literally caught 3 fish in a row, as I dropped a crawler harness straight off the stern. 2 bit as I was putting the rod in the holder, and 1 bit just as I let go of the rod in the holder. I landed 3 walleyes on that rod in under 5 minutes, trolling. We are blessed to have these great fisheries.
Sounds like Erie is a good place to catch some eaters and keep the relatives happy with fish dinners. I need to get enough to take up camping with us in the near future. Our meal is "expected" to be walleye as most of them have no access to them.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Punched a quick one man yesterday. Smile blades with slow death hooks behind #1 tadpoles 25 back was the ticket. 1.2-1.3 sog. Anything pink or purple seemed to work best.

View attachment 772001

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Nice picture and fish. Thanks for posting. No thunderstorms over there yesterday? We got hit pretty hard.

Reactions: Adamwesley

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
My buddy and I fished out of Linwood from 7:30 am to about 3:00 and ended up drifting harnesses because of stiff wind. His boat can only troll effectively in calmer seas. 10 keeper walleye and a mega perch hit chartreuse, green,gold and pink and white. Fish were somewhat scattered maybe cause of storm that passed through just before we arrived. Also four sheep and four white bass that we released for others to catch LOL. We fished 19 to 23 fow.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
My buddy and I fished out of Linwood from 7:30 am to about 3:00 and ended up drifting harnesses because of stiff wind. His boat can only troll effectively in calmer seas. 10 keeper walleye and a mega perch hit chartreuse, green,gold and pink and white. Fish were somewhat scattered maybe cause of storm that passed through just before we arrived. Also four sheep and four white bass that we released for others to catch LOL. We fished 19 to 23 fow. View attachment 772124
Thanks for the report. Good job for tough conditions although picture looks a little better than last week when we were blown off. 3 footers are no fun fishing in my 18' boat.:poop:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts