Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Really need to find the closest lake to you with the most stocked walleyes by searching DNR stocking reports and take the next 3-5 years figuring it out and finding the best times to catch them all season long with all the techniques and tackle to catch them, its a very rewarding hobby when you get good at it !

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
JT Hooker nailed it, but alternatively try trolling a 10 rod planer board spread through the area with the most jet skis and tow boats with obnoxiously loud bad music. I suspect this is where all the walleye hide because there is no fishing pressure in these areas. For quick limits, 4th of July and Labor Day weekends should be your best bets.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
JT Hooker nailed it, but alternatively try trolling a 10 rod planer board spread through the area with the most jet skis and tow boats with obnoxiously loud bad music. I suspect this is where all the walleye hide because there is no fishing pressure in these areas. For quick limits, 4th of July and Labor Day weekends should be your best bets.
I like this idea

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

If you watch for a while you will see where the water skiers regularly turn to head the other way. Drift and cast right there, it wil lead to some interesting conversations with your fellow boaters. Or do as J T Hooker suggests.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Hey this really works! I pull fish out from under jet skis and tubers all the time!

To the OP, if I could offer one suggestion, you can find walleye in any dam pond on any river in the southern lower, the grand, the muskegon, the flint, the tittabawassee, the huron.

Good luck on your search.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.