Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best of luck to all You MTB'ers this Spring ! My thoughts will be with You - Gobbler season just messes too much with My Walleye Fishing:D . Be Safe - Bob Carmichael.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Thanks Bob. Maybe we'll have some good turkey hunting to write about in Traditional Trails and you can join us that way!:)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Best of luck to you as well Bob. With the weather warming up this week, it feels a little more like turkey hunting rather than ice fishing. ;)

Chuck

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
do both.

I turkey hunt in the mornings and the evening and I'm up to Marysville for Walleye at night. Some days I may even get in a midday Trout fish.

Well Good Luck to you as well and save a few Walleyes for the rest of us.

Arrow

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wow! I stepped out on to the deck with my coffee when I got back from my morning jaunt (on which I heard probably four different toms sounding off), and I had a hearty gobble coming from right back of the house. I keep a call in the family room so I quickly gave off a cluck and a purr, and this old boy cut me off and gobbled five or six times. Where are they when you need them!!! Anyway, it's almost right here, and this morning really got the juices flowing.

Best of luck everyone.

Arch

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I've been doing a little deer scouting up north the last couple of Saturdays and I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of turkeys I am seeing and hearing. I usually put in for a permit each year but I'm not real serious about it. I've been shooting my bow all winter and now with the break in the weather I've been shooting a dozen or more arrows each day. I got my permit so I may have to give it a try. ;)

Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts