Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting pretty late in the game, but my release [Truefire] just started developing some noise in the wrist strap and its driving me nuts ! Buckle model.
Like the wrist strap feature and would like to stay with that type with a buckle/no velcro please. Tell me whats very good for use with a string loop on the Switchback XT. Price isn't an extreme factor in choosing one, but noise, good trigger are.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
you won't go wrong with anything from Scott, Fletcher or Carter. Each company has many different releases that will fit what you are looking for and all are very High quality.

I shoot an old Scott Rhino (d-loop style release) and have for about the last 5-6 season's with out a single problem. Still on the same strap for it too! They don't make the Rhino anymore but I think that replacement is the Silverhorn.

Did you check to see if TrueFire sells replacement straps/parts? I know I hate getting a new release when I am comfortable with the old one. Just a thought.

Hope this helps,
J-

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may look into a new strap, but I had a chance to shoot a Scott Mongoose. It was pretty old and belongs to a friend, but really liked it except the strap made noise too. It was pretty worn, so was to be expected. I think new it would be fine. Really anal about noise during the draw.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Used their pivoting rope release for close to 15 years and they are still good as ever. they get better with age. they no longer make the wrist strap so I replaced it with a mongoose, buckle strap, and went to a D-Loop. Had to tweak the tune but the bows now shoot great and I don't have to go one off on the settings. Carter makes some great equipment as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Once you pick up a Carter release, and see the quality, you will never even think of another release. I have two of them, but the one I use for hunting is the Quickie Two. It is completely silent, and adjustable. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
There are 3 really solid release mnfg for hunting releases...

Carter
Truball
Scott

All 3 also make target releases.
They know how freakishly anal target guys are and the tolerances are amazingly tight.

I'd specifically shy away from Tru-Fire and Cobra.
They're usually cheaper, and for good reason.

I like Tru Ball's "Short and Sweet"

A lot of good ones from Scott whether you prefer a single or double, open or closed.

Carter's 2 shot is WAY adjustable and has tons of versatility too

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I have had my Scott for 18 years now and it has never failed...The only reason I have had this for only 18 years and not the 24 years I have been archery hunting is because I lost my first one..:dizzy:

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I now will be using the Little Goose.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I recently went from a cheap brand to a Scott Sabretooth and the difference is amazing. My shooting accuracy has improved a ton. I can't comment on the others that have been recommended but I do know I like this one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts